• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

michigan wheeling, beer and fire

The only thing that could keep me from coming has happened. My 87 year old grandpa passed tonight. If the funeral/wake happens before wed we are still coming...if it doesn't happen that soon, we can't make it.

nevertheless I drank to his honor tonight!!!

mac 'got the wheel bearings repacked' gyvr

sorry to hear it Mac.

hope to see you. If not, I'll catch you some other time.

Grandpa knew how to plan it all right. The arrangements are on Sun and Monday. We will be able to make the trip up on Wed as planned.

mac 'I will need this trip after sun/mon' gyvr

So the Jeep got wind that we were going wheeling for a third time this year. I guess that's against it's Union contract, because it promptly went on strike and tried to catch itself on fire earlier.
kind of a Tibetan monk protest thing I guess.

I guess the mystery no start I chased before Harlan wasn't really the ignition switch, but that big brown wire going to the ignition switch, that melted half the fuseblock when it shorted. or maybe the fuseblock shorted and metled the big brown wire. Who knows? I do know that it's pretty much all melted.

So I figure we'll load Justin's jeep in the uhaul and make the trip. Or I'll drive up there in an Accord. Not the first time I've gone to a MWC event in a sedan.

so that's a bummer.

87 'off to investigate hot rod harnesses' manche

So I figure we'll load Justin's jeep in the uhaul and make the trip. Or I'll drive up there in an Accord. Not the first time I've gone to a MWC event in a sedan.

No need to drive the accord. I thought we are driving the weinerbox for sure?

I talked to ron at r&v, all is still a go. Asked about price, and it is $20 for the driver + $5 per passenger. Kids under 13 free.

sweet.
I talked to Justin and he's in for installing tow points at your house.
and we'll be pushing up the time schedule since we won't have to deal with towing a trailer. We may be there before dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are still looking at around 10 or 1030 depending on how fast I cruise the single place.

mac 'save me a spot in the yard with 100 ft of an outlet' gyvr

We are still looking at around 10 or 1030 depending on how fast I cruise the single place.

mac 'save me a spot in the yard with 100 ft of an outlet' gyvr

speaing of an outlet. Did someoe tell me they had the 30A RV plug to a regular extension cord adapter?

I'm not going to get around to making one, and I'm damn sure not paying 50 bucks for one either.

87 'lights and fans are nice' manche

might have the jeep back in time, it went for a test drive today. not thinking ill go though, every thursday is quiz day in my calc class. and i get out of my new meteorology class at 9 as well. might be game for afterwards though.

Back