• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Members only runs

make sure you post them in the regular forum so all the black letters can get jealous they aren't allowed in.

No, that will not be done....stop being a fool.

Almost everyone is allowed on every run, and for good reason: it’s helpful to the club. One good run can induct many, many new members. I’ve seen it happen time and again. Work parties, as well.

Red-letters aren’t exclusive or superior, but we were just thinking it might be nice to have a members-only run. What is the issue there?

Red-letters aren’t exclusive or superior, but we were just thinking it might be nice to have a members-only run. What is the issue there?

Bingo

Hell, I put together a run today and I was only able to get 7 jeeps to come out, some were black letter guys and one was a JK guy. If you did a red letter only run I foresee maybe 3 jeeps showing up, if that?

Hell, I put together a run today and I was only able to get 7 jeeps to come out, some were black letter guys and one was a JK guy. If you did a red letter only run I foresee maybe 3 jeeps showing up, if that?

Nothing wrong with that.

Just a suggestion to get together amongst the group of actual members a couple of times a year. Our common interests are the XJ and our enjoyment and care for the club. It'd be nice to get together and talk, drink a beer, and maybe wheel (not necessarily in that order)

no issue.

but what happens when someone who isn't a member wants to come, see if he/she likes the club and people enough to join.

would you say, no? that seems douchey.

I have no clue, I’ve never run one of these or set one up. My best guess is they wouldn’t be turned away, but I’m not sure how they’d know about it if it was in the Members area unless folks began talking. :D

I have no clue, I’ve never run one of these or set one up. My best guess is they wouldn’t be turned away, but I’m not sure how they’d know about it if it was in the Members area unless folks began talking. :D

If they present the membership dues I can rush the membership status :gee:

Lol

I think it's a fine idea.

If someone shows up, of course they don't get turned away. But it takes a special someone to drop in uninvited and I doubt that it will be much of an issue.

no issue.

but what happens when someone who isn't a member wants to come, see if he/she likes the club and people enough to join.

To put it gently..

...fuck 'em.

99% of the runs I'll organize will be open to all. That doesn't mean I disagree with the option to have a closed member-only run.

I don't have any of my OLD members jackets anymore. But i'll try to make a run or two if they are not at the other end of the world.
PLus if a open/open rig can do the trails.

I don't have any of my OLD members jackets anymore. But i'll try to make a run or two if they are not at the other end of the world.
PLus if a open/open rig can do the trails.

Someone finally got my joke about Members Only jackets. I guess we're the only two who remembers the 80's.

I think I'll get a MO jacket to wear on these runs. :D

Why aren't you locked, Scott?

As of now i lost my T-Case:doh:.So all i have is rear wheel drive, yes it is locked but:lecture: i don't want to be that guy that holds folks up.
So i can only use the other jeep which is open/open till i get the other Tcase built.

Someone finally got my joke about Members Only jackets. I guess we're the only two who remembers the 80's.

I think most of us old enough to remember were trying to forget the 80s.
Unfortunately, I did once own a Members Only jacket.

David Bricker / SYR

Back