• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Members only runs

Really? I think the 80's were great. And I only had an imitation Members Only jacket. :)

Really? I think the 80's were great. And I only had an imitation Members Only jacket. :)

They sell today for tons of money.....hipsters are buying them up.

i was on Julio's run and we had a good time, i think we did 32 miles of trail before dark. every once in a while it's good to keep it low key.

i was on Julio's run and we had a good time, i think we did 32 miles of trail before dark. every once in a while it's good to keep it low key.

That is nice......sometimes even more than once in a while. Wheeling with people you 'know' has its benefits...like you mentioned, covering long distances in relatively short time.

Of course we all have the 'trail tampon' days on occasion.....

part of me really dislikes the idea of a members only run, but i do understand why its wanted. Maybe for every "members only run" there could be a "membership drive" run?

from a bunny run to a hard corps run could be done? NAXJA table someone to man it sign people up etc?

part of me really dislikes the idea of a members only run, but i do understand why its wanted. Maybe for every "members only run" there could be a "membership drive" run?

from a bunny run to a hard corps run could be done? NAXJA table someone to man it sign people up etc?
i believe we have many, many more open runs than we do "members only" runs so that's hardly neccesary. It's what we call the Monthly Runs sticky.

no dan i mean specifically recruitment runs. not just a monthly run. i mean a table banner and sign up sheets. a "sanctioned" run, you know the unicorn of naxja events.

I feel like those should be a separate thing Kayle.

Members only events would be cool. Guests?

Taylor thats my point, if you have a sanction "members only" run then have a sanctioned "recruitment run"

If someone shows up at a members only run, I feel we should take their money.
i mean, it shouldnt matter when you joined right?

If someone shows up at a members only run, I feel we should take their money.
i mean, it shouldnt matter when you joined right?

For some reason this kinda makes sense. If we were able to have a mod or someone have membership packets right there in person we might be able to get members in easier. Even if you mention Naxja to someone and say sign up on line.... How many people actually do it or remember. Having on the spot member entry forms might be a good way of expanding and actually getting to meet them.

So how about that run? big bear? JV? Corral Canyon? Calico? somewhere cool that we don't even know about? Death Valley Paul was talking about that Swamp Lake run this weekend....

Kayle SCF is our recruitment run. WE don't do onsite signups because we've never been able to get that lined up with national membership. Hopefully when they streamline things we can do that as I've always wanted to be able to do onsite signups at events.

I still think there should be a members only run and I'm not talking about new ones.

A run for the established crowd, the people who put all their effort into the club.

Believe me guys, those runs are the ones, where the real good decisions for the club are being made.

Back