• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lodging

There is a B&B close. Hobag has stayed there with his wife before. I don't know any more details though.

Its oretty nice, I think they have 6-8 total rooms. Some have baths in the rooms some don't so you must reserve early.....

Its oretty nice, I think they have 6-8 total rooms. Some have baths in the rooms some don't so you must reserve early.....

hey Brian you should rent a spot to stay in your bus.
It'll help pay for fuel expense.

BOB

Advice for the Newbs on what I learned on camping at Attica. Even though I am still a newb (sophmore) lol.

Bring a tent that doesnt mind WIND!

A bale of hay on the ground first makes things nice once the Rain pours down. Or if it is COLD.

Walmart tents are NOT water proof bring a tarp with ya!

Thats about it so far.

Bring plenty of asprin if you decide you're gona sleep in the Jeep... Last yr I slept in passenger seat cause the back was filled with crap...BIG mistake...

This yr I'll try the back with a couple sleeping bags... :/

Looks like I will be traveling on the cheap this year since the Attica Inn wont be available and I wont be splitting a room w/ 4 people like last year :D I am gonna throw a quick coat of shiney white paint on the old campershell I have at the farm and will bring along an air matteress for the back of Hotel Silverado. Wifey said that she could stand it for the few days we are there. I better not park too close to Mac and Grace b/c the combined velocity of us might register on a siesmic chart :D

Cheese "If the trucks a rockin'..." Man

Looks like I will be traveling on the cheap this year since the Attica Inn wont be available and I wont be splitting a room w/ 4 people like last year :D I am gonna throw a quick coat of shiney white paint on the old campershell I have at the farm and will bring along an air matteress for the back of Hotel Silverado. Wifey said that she could stand it for the few days we are there. I better not park too close to Mac and Grace b/c the combined velocity of us might register on a siesmic chart :D

Cheese "If the trucks a rockin'..." Man

heh

if i have my way we'll be sleeping in a truck camper or another camper of some sort...

mac 'fore wheeler has the best timing' gyvr

I hear ya on that! I found a slide in camper w/ the pop-up top for $1000 and it looks decent, but I have to wait till I get the rest of the corn out to see if I have any excess play money..things are pretty tight at the moment.

I hear ya on that! I found a slide in camper w/ the pop-up top for $1000 and it looks decent, but I have to wait till I get the rest of the corn out to see if I have any excess play money..things are pretty tight at the moment.

my problem is i want what you described but in the 6.5 ft flavor...which in any kind of decent shape makes them not so afforable...at least around here anyways...

mac 'my truck loves me' gyvr

The one I found says that it works in a short box truck, that is all I can use since I am using a bumper pull trailer. Hoping for a good year next year and buying a new GN trailer that I can slide a camper up on the front of (insert "Hillbilly Deluxe" here)

If it is a damn good year next year I am thinking about a new Chevy crew cab oil burner in the ton flavor. Come on corn market, momma needs new shoes!! :farmer:

The one I found says that it works in a short box truck, that is all I can use since I am using a bumper pull trailer. Hoping for a good year next year and buying a new GN trailer that I can slide a camper up on the front of (insert "Hillbilly Deluxe" here)

If it is a damn good year next year I am thinking about a new Chevy crew cab oil burner in the ton flavor. Come on corn market, momma needs new shoes!! :farmer:

most 8 footers will work in a 6.5 bed...only problem is the 1.5 over hang and how your trailer fits with that. i could get away with the 8ft with the single place, but not with my 2 place...and definately not with my buddy's 30 ft enclosed that i tow for XRRA.

i like the hillbilly haulers and would love to come up with something, however, i still need the option of pulling 2 jeeps as well and I don't want to load/unload a truck camper on a trailer all the time...

mac 'ready to move up from the tent' gyvr

hows the trailer parking and safety situation of gear etc at the Hotel Attica? I have stayed at the Attica Inn for the past few years but since they are no longer...

If anyone is willing to tolerate a 'house guest' I'd be interested in splitting a room.... Otherwise its the Creep bed fer me...

hows the trailer parking and safety situation of gear etc at the Hotel Attica? I have stayed at the Attica Inn for the past few years but since they are no longer...

not sure...you can leave the trailer at the campground.
there is room for trailer parking across from Robies.
It may be safer at the campground.

BOB

I was kind of thinking the same thing BOB. I think we are still planning on staying in the back of the truck in the camper shell..but things change daily w/ the wifey, so it might be a hotel..who freakin' knows. :dunno:

Tyler, the wife is coming, oh no...we have to watch you behave???
The wife will be much happier with a Hotel..it'll be worth the money.
at least make a reservation, you can always cancel.

BOB

Back