• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lodging

It had already died down a bit there, but still was higher than Sean's humongous 5th wheel camper...

Bales of hay burn real nice!

Is that the one that warped the side of the camper?:wow::gee: JIM.

I like the look of this fire. Is gasoline allowed? I've found that the easiest way to get a good fire going in 5 minutes flat is to stack the wood teepee style, then log cabin style over that, pour about half a gallon of gas on it, and throw matches.

:flame:

I like the look of this fire. Is gasoline allowed? I've found that the easiest way to get a good fire going in 5 minutes flat is to stack the wood teepee style, then log cabin style over that, pour about half a gallon of gas on it, and throw matches.

:flame:

We've been doing MWC campfires for a while now.
Stand back junior.........we've got it covered. :D

OK. I guess I'll have to finish my flamethrower by then to be anywhere near the right caliber :D

that looks about the same as the fire all my fishing buddies and i get going when we go camping. i don't predict you guys being munch different then my crazy fishing buds.....just crazy about jeeps instead

How far is the Attica family campground from the Badlands and what's the going rate for a 'primitive' site? I'm planning on bringing a tent and roughing it; that worked well for me at NAC-fest.

I'll probably do the 30 minute drive and end up at the Holiday Inn or the like. My wife doesn't camp anymore, our last wheeling trip to the U.P. ruined her of that. She doesn't mind going and having fun, but she needs a real bed and a shower.

How far is the Attica family campground from the Badlands and what's the going rate for a 'primitive' site? I'm planning on bringing a tent and roughing it; that worked well for me at NAC-fest.

100 yards.

Rates are $7/person/night for primitive, $20/night for electric (4 persons), $25 for water/electric and $30 for full hookup.

I was hoping to get one of those Little Guy trailers but I can buy a decently built XJ for what they are asking for those things, so I guess I'll be in the Jeep(with a much thicker sleeping bag) or a Hotel room.

Last edited:
I did a quick search of Attica hotels the other day and the Attica Inn came up under an auctioneers site..maybe it was up for sale? I hope that it is and it has new owners by WF10 :D My sleeping arangements are a bit more demanding since wifey is coming along this year :D

I did a quick search of Attica hotels the other day and the Attica Inn came up under an auctioneers site..maybe it was up for sale? I hope that it is and it has new owners by WF10 :D My sleeping arangements are a bit more demanding since wifey is coming along this year :D
There is a B&B close. Hobag has stayed there with his wife before. I don't know any more details though.

Eagle's Nest. Rev already snagged it up IIRC.

I've never been to a "one holer" B&B. They likely have more than one room.:rof:

Looks like they've got 3. :D

Back