• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LKQ trip

AirForce_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to do an LKQ trip to Durham, is it worth the trip? Just need a few small parts nothing major, mostly electrical crap for the door and heater blower control.

It's usually well stocked. Worth the trip and you can hit the LKQ in Clayton as well and do a nice round trip.

I just got back to NC after bein gone for 7 months and was only here for 4 before I deployed. Trying to find out the good spots. We had a pick and pull 5 min up the road in California. Thanks for the info guys! :peace:

I'm out there every month or two, it's about 10 min from my house. the inventory quality varies a LOT. There's always at least a few XJs but they are often stripped of good stuff by the time I see them. If you are lucky enough to come right after they put one out you can score some good deals, though.

Ping me next time you head up and maybe I'll meet you. They tend to use old wheels stacked up as "stands." I hate crawling around under them with nobody else around - or at least not anyone who speaks English. How do you say "Get this thing offa me!" in Spanish?

Also, be aware that the LKQ employees are as Cherokee illiterate as any other parts store. The online inventory may say 1999 Cherokee but 9 times out of 10 it's a Grand Cherokee.

Last time I went to my local LKQ they listed 16 XJs. Got there and they only had 9. The other 7 were Grands.

Ok. I've been racking my brain, and have to ask. What does LKQ stand for? Is that the formal name of a company, or is it an acronym?

Like Kind and Quality = basically Junkyard parts, as opposed to OEM new or aftermarket

its a term insurance companies usually use to avoid having to buy expensive new parts for your car when you get into an accident and file a claim, its their way of saving 15% or more, lol

Last edited:
Back