• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's respect those posting here

I love how the only place we have to treat people with respect on this site is in the Socal for sale forum. Everywhere else is "can't take the heat, take it to cherokeeforum". Way to draw that line in the sand guys :D

This is by far the oddest forum I am on about stuff like this.

So no comments on the price.

What if we feel an item is being misrepresented in some way. Condition, or fitment issues for example?

Some for sale threads here are from new users, who probably only signed up to sell their stuff.

Frankly I don't have a problem with that. It gets stuff people can use into circulation and if the poster is asking too much then they will have to drop the price until someone is willing to buy it. They do us no harm by selling stuff to our members as long as they conduct themselves with integrity.

Most other forums I am on require that offers and issues with prices be taken care of via pm/email if available. Otherwise its threadcrapping.
Calling dibs or claiming the items for sale is fine. But any issues taken up in private. I think that is reasonable.

Frankly I don't have a problem with that. It gets stuff people can use into circulation and if the poster is asking too much then they will have to drop the price until someone is willing to buy it. They do us no harm by selling stuff to our members as long as they conduct themselves with integrity.

In general I do agree with you John, but it leaves the door open for abuse and some people will use this as their personal CL.

selling stuff to our members is not the issue, as most of us know better. But We do have people here who are new to jeeps and could be easily talked into overpaying for something that is basically a boat anchor. For example, something with a crappy repair job that is unsafe, undesirable axles in the d44/d60 flavor (where a noob sees all these badass rigs with those axles however they do not realize some variations are worthless), tires with dryrot, or products that just plain suck. You yourself pointed out a longarm kit not too long ago that someone was selling stating that a buyer is better off converting it to a 3 link as it gets scary brake dive. That isn't much different than what i'm talking about.
I'm not talking about calling every person out who asks 450 for an axle that sells for 200 on here on a regular basis, or someone who asks 5000 for a mildly built 23 year old jeep, but looking out for one another isnt too bad of an idea i dont think.

This is by far the oddest forum I am on about stuff like this.

So no comments on the price.

What if we feel an item is being misrepresented in some way. Condition, or fitment issues for example?
I don't see an issue with someone offering information that clarifies the fitment or something like that. When people post something that discourages people from buying an item then they are disrespecting the OP and that is not right.

selling stuff to our members is not the issue, as most of us know better. But We do have people here who are new to jeeps and could be easily talked into overpaying for something that is basically a boat anchor. For example, something with a crappy repair job that is unsafe, undesirable axles in the d44/d60 flavor (where a noob sees all these badass rigs with those axles however they do not realize some variations are worthless), tires with dryrot, or products that just plain suck. You yourself pointed out a longarm kit not too long ago that someone was selling stating that a buyer is better off converting it to a 3 link as it gets scary brake dive. That isn't much different than what i'm talking about.
I'm not talking about calling every person out who asks 450 for an axle that sells for 200 on here on a regular basis, or someone who asks 5000 for a mildly built 23 year old jeep, but looking out for one another isnt too bad of an idea i dont think.
Point taken. It really kinda depends on the intent of the person replying. If their post is intended to ruin a person's sale then it is crapping.

so you guys are cool with people price gouging and taking advantage of people? thats cool.

So who made you the savior of the world, and the final authority on what something is worth? Value is based on need and availability, and who are you to dictate or criticize? You must be a liberal, not a conservative, since you obviously don't think the free market works, and you think people are so stupid they need outside protection to protect them from being taken advantage of. Sounds just like government knows best because the average guy is too dumb to know better.

If an item is priced too high, it either won't sell or someone will buy it who really needs it right now and can't find it anywhere else. People do offer less money for stuff, without someone else having to tell them to do it. What if D44's are getting in short supply and can hardly be found anymore, and the price starts working it's way up? Are you appointed to be the price control geek?

Really, I don't think you understand what you are saying. Let people fend for themselves, they can handle it.

That's a risk you take when you buy used, isn't it?

I remember seeing some posts and thinking that it really sucked that people who had NO INTEREST in buying the item were adding their two cents as to value. Value is determined by need. If you don't need it, it's really worthless to you, but if you NEED it, you will pay for it. Personally, I'll pay $100 more something that's close to me, rather than spend the time and gas to drive across so-Cal to get it. So to me, the D44 didn't seem like a bad deal at all.

I appreciate guidance on whether an item is a good quality part, but in fairness to the poster, even that could be discussed in a PM. If the poster didn't ammend their ad, then post your concerns publicly. From a newbie point of view, the criticism didn't make the poster look smart, if seemed rude to me.

this should all be common sense people, do like your mommy told you and if you don't have something nice to say shut your damn mouth. if you are not the one selling or buying the item then the thread is none of your business.

Guys, its simple, if someone is selling something and you dont like the price don't buy it. If you think they could use some guidence on price do it back channel. Most everyone here knows prices for cherokee parts, so I really dont see anyone getting taken advantage of. And if you really feel someone that has replied in the post to buy an overpriced part, notify him back channel. I have seen parts on here that over priced and have sit for a long time, the seller either does not sell the item or he lowers the price. Everyone has the right set any price on any item here. People must realize that everyone has different views on part prices. Some think they are worth more and some think they are worth less. That is everyones right to their own opinion. So if you dont like a price dont respond. This is a simple lesson learned in elementary school.

this should all be common sense people, do like your mommy told you and if you don't have something nice to say shut your damn mouth. if you are not the one selling or buying the item then the thread is none of your business.

Thats funny, if i did a search, i could find a thousand of your posts in for sale threads, that you did not buy the item!

Thats funny, if i did a search, i could find a thousand of your posts in for sale threads, that you did not buy the item!

The issue here is about crapping on peoples thread, not bumping them or pointing out a good deal. Read the whole thing before you start making statements.
You keep on making an ass of yourself, think a bit longer before you shit on someones post and it's not just in this section. :roflmao::moon:

Last edited:
I guess my elementry school skipped this, as it didnt cover forum for sale threads.

You never learned it you dont have something nice to say, then dont say it at all. That is as elementary as it gets. Just common curtisy that should be given to everyone.

Back