• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lefthand Canyon Clean Up!

Thanks CannonBall, you're a really good driver. Do you want to try that trail the opposite direction before they close it? We could take a different way out after getting back to 5 points.

I sure would like to give that road a shot the hard way. The biggest problem is with the start of summer I have lots of random plans and too many hobbies, especially in the next few weeks when they may be closing it. Any Friday would be good if you're available as I work a 4 10 hour day schedule.

I'm ordering a gas tank skid today, I got a noticable hit to the tank or the cover at least. I can't believe I wedged that rock under the LCA 20 yards from the end of the trail. Besides that and a few other hits on the underside, the jeep made it through just fine.

Weekdays at Lefthand are a great time to run the trails as there is next to no traffic to deal with on the shelf roads. Name the day and we'll go. This Friday would be great.

What trail are they going to close up there?

I think after reading past reports it's Castle Gulch, not exactly sure though.

Rick, i'm gonna wait till I get a gas skid to do any serious wheeling again, hopefully it comes soon, but I'm not counting on this weekend.

It's Castle Gulch. Two of the trail leading out of the Lefthand network that come out in James Canyon. I talked to the ranger with a gun, (Paul), he said they where closing soon. He didn't say exactly when.
Complaints from home and land owners about heavier traffic on those trails. FR287A & FR286

It's Castle Gulch. Two of the trail leading out of the Lefthand network that come out in James Canyon. I talked to the ranger with a gun, (Paul), he said they where closing soon. He didn't say exactly when.
Complaints from home and land owners about heavier traffic on those trails. FR287A & FR286

I though Castle Gulch was already closed due to the noise level around the private property up there? That was a couple years ago........... they still have not done it and are still talking about closing it? ........Go figure.

Back