• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leather Seats

Slammed_am

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/HTML/index.html

I came across these guys and they have a seat kit for the XJ. I've seen their stuff in some cars and it looks pretty nice. I was messing around on their site the other day and put a package together with seat heaters and the covers of course and the total came to around $1,000.

Anyone have any opinions on these? I figure I'm better of posting most of mine here...as I'm not planning on building much of an off road XJ. More street/daily driver/show.

btw...just post about sunroofs in XJ's in the Modified section, and Street Jeepers feel free to check it out and give your opinion there too.

By no means am I knocking their work as I simply haven't seen it so can't comment. However, as a general statement:

I own, and have owned, cars with leather interiors. Really, I prefer to park myself on leather - but the keywords here are 'in cars'. Knowing what my XJ was used for, cloth was a far better option (and, indeed, a key point in the decision-making process when buying).

Not that I object to leather seats in XJs, but when you're tromping no end of mud/sand/snow/dirt-infested clothes into them, cloth and rubber floormats make a lot of sense.

leather cleans up pretty good, my cloth seats on the other hand are stained from the previous owner. i'ver got some wj leathers aching to go in but i have to make some brackets

Why not just get some ones out of a junked Limited? I got some for an Xmas present from my wife, and after a few evenings cleaning them up, they look almost new.

Back