• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

yeah that cottage on the coast sounds badass.

No safety inspections.
And only the Portland metro area has a 'smog' type test, but it's nothing like California

just got home.
got the jeep registered, no problem.
buyer countered my lowball offer on the coastal cottage & i accepted their offer, so we will soon own a vacation cottage on the coast. fun!
looked at the farm house i bought last month. looks pretty good, nice land, but tons & tons of scrap metal & junk strewn all over the 2 acres. yikes! hopefully they haul a bunch of it away when they move out next month when escrow closes.
still waiting to hear back on the duplex offer. walked through both units & it looks fine to me with no repairs needed. rents are 75-100 low per side so i can raise the cash on cash return dramatically by raising the rents.
it will be a couple months before i get to play with any jeep stuff due to the big move, but all these minor changes will set me up solid later in life.

Tim, you're selling this Oregon living very well. What's the coast cottage address so I can google map it?

pm sent :pirate1:

30 days left until we have to be out of our house.
the warehouse is empty, all 94 shelves removed & hauled to oregon, the upstairs of the shop is empty, mill, lathe, & iron worker, & both phase converters are all unwired & ready to move. the barn & junk piles are empty.
moved tons of steel scrap, tools, & a couple hundred hardware bins already.
we need to start packing up the house & garage stuff next.
pretty sure the next month will be busy as hell.
hopefully i'll get some time to sleep here & there. uggh!

HELP!
I need some help on saturday april 4th & sunday april 5th to move the big heavy machinery & tool boxes out of my shop. i'll have a flatbed with a lift gate, my forklift, & i'll rent a hydraulic deck trailer.
all the small easy stuff is 90% gone already, it's just the big heavy, bulky stuff in the shop and the big furniture in the house that is left that I'll need help moving.
I'll buy beerz & lunch.
who is in for paying back some of the sierra karma I gave out?

I got training for work on saturday, sorry I cant help. I have never been to the fun factory but heard
many great things. Just saw some pending sale pics, wow that is a great property, looks amazing

I got training for work on saturday, sorry I cant help. I have never been to the fun factory but heard
many great things. Just saw some pending sale pics, wow that is a great property, looks amazing

thanks, If you saw what the house & shop looked like when I bought it you wouldn't believe it was the same place. We lived in the shop for a year & a half with all our stuff & our 3 rottweilers while I tore the house down to the studs.
It was a lot of work but my wife loved the finished house. she's not too hip on living in our motorhome & old shop, but knows it will only be for a short time before we permanently move to our house in Oregon & I retire.

Well You could tell in the picture you do amazing work. Looked super nice in every room. Then above the Shop was so awesome. Great Work and congrats on moving on!

Glad to hear things are falling into place to make your move happen. Winchester bay dunes are epic. Once you learn to appreciate the temperamental weather, the Oregon coast is magnificent.

What town is the farm house in?

James-

Man, if it wasnt Easter weekend I'd try to make it down and help out since I need to get those leafs from you anyways... Wont be able to meet up this weekend either for the leafs, Parents decided to make a surprise trip to Sac and stay for the weekend.

Soooo when ya come to Oregon and get settled.... NWC build party at your place right? Lol hopefully you can get a chance to wheel with us, be interesting to see how you do on the different terrain as we don't get that dry rock crawling grip like you guys do.

HELP!
I need some help on saturday april 4th & sunday april 5th to move the big heavy machinery & tool boxes out of my shop. i'll have a flatbed with a lift gate, my forklift, & i'll rent a hydraulic deck trailer.
all the small easy stuff is 90% gone already, it's just the big heavy, bulky stuff in the shop and the big furniture in the house that is left that I'll need help moving.
I'll buy beerz & lunch.
who is in for paying back some of the sierra karma I gave out?

I never worked on any of my stuff there but I'll be down there on the 4th to help you out.

Soooo when ya come to Oregon and get settled.... NWC build party at your place right? Lol hopefully you can get a chance to wheel with us, be interesting to see how you do on the different terrain as we don't get that dry rock crawling grip like you guys do.
Tim's wheeled TSF before. ;)
IMG_0167.jpg

Grats' on the real estate success, Tim. Let us know when you make the move North, and we can lend a hand with the move.

Glad to hear things are falling into place to make your move happen. Winchester bay dunes are epic. Once you learn to appreciate the temperamental weather, the Oregon coast is magnificent.

What town is the farm house in?

James-

James, the farmhouse is in Lorane.

Back