• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

worked on the red p.o.s. all day. got the transfer cases all re-assembled today. changed the tranny filter & pan gasket. i finally got the ruffstuff frame stiffeners so i started the install. i had to finish cleaning off all the stock lower control arm mounts off the unibody rails. drill out the spot welds to weaken them then use an air chisel to beat them to death, then grind the whole area smooth. fun! the ruffstuff rails don't fit for crap. i should have bought a set of hd offroad's rails, but i wanted 3/16" rails since this rig will get pounded hard. i had to cut & notch the rails quite a bit. it would really suck to install them without a plasma cutter handy. i put hd rails on the green rig & they fit perfect without any trimming, but the ruffstuffs were a whole different story. i got one side all fit up & the unibody ground so i can start welding first thing sunday morning.

ok, i suck at blogging & taking pictures.
anyway, got the transfer cases reinstalled in the red p.o.s.
got the front axle & brakes reinstalled as well.
i can't get the front pinion angle set right because the upper arms run out of threads, so i need to extend the mounts for the time being until i yank it out again & replace all the ghetto fab rustys suspension crap with a 3 link.
i took the rear driveshaft to South Bay Drivelines at lunch yesterday to get it rebuilt. (the slip yoke bearing cups were stretched out of shape & the cardan joint was shot) Steve fixed it all up & it was ready to pick up before the end of the day. that is some GREAT service!

When are you gonna wheel it? Paul keeps bugging me to go wheeling, I got my engine back yesterday. I burned it up. haha Are you just gonna wheel it with the pinion angle a little off or is it pretty bad?

When are you gonna wheel it? Paul keeps bugging me to go wheeling, I got my engine back yesterday. I burned it up. haha Are you just gonna wheel it with the pinion angle a little off or is it pretty bad?

i hope to have it ready for the hollister toy run.
i'll have the pinion angle fixed by then. just need to cut the upper mounts off the axle housing, fab new ones & hot glue them on. :jester:

...taking a break from welding up my new diy beadlocks. fun.
burning powder coating smells like death fumes.
i need to pick out some new tires & get them on in time for a camping trip in 3 weeks.
still have not bought a tube bender, but decided when i do it will be a jd2 brand.
i want to exo cage the red p.o.s. before i flop it to save on damage repairs.
got new (old oem) seats put in big red so it will be easier to climb out when i get it all out of shape on the rocks.

I vote 33 kevlars. That's what I'd run if it wasn't a dd.

You havent been on here much lately. Busy?

I vote 33 kevlars. That's what I'd run if it wasn't a dd.

You havent been on here much lately. Busy?

i am lurking on here every day, just lame & not blogging.
been busy getting the factory ready for paint. finished the stucco & trim,
cleaned it up, etc. we want to put this house on the market this summer & move into one of our other houses for a couple years until we move to our property in oregon & i retire. :cheers:

Once you move to Oregon... I'll head up there to bug you, and we can go wheel! Im only 1.5 hrs from the border. :)

i just ordered a 3 link & a 4 link kit from Dan at Ruffstuff, killer discount & free d.o.m. tubing! sa-weeet!

i found some change in my couch & am ordering a set of 4 ORI 14" struts tomorrow.
still debating on weather to reuse the hydro assist steering or bite the bullet & go full hydro....

oh yeah, got my liquid iron ind. fron frame reinforcements in today, custom made in 3/16" plate (their standard is 11 gauge = less than 1/8")

update:
i just ordered ironman motor mounts & psc full hydro steering for this pig.
this has been an expensive week!
next on the shopping list is a tubing bender. i'll probably buy one next week.
then i need to really get busy building! :cheers:

hooray for boobies! :clap:
my strip club stock is up 2.7% today! (Rick's cabaret)

also, thanks to my idol Warren Buffet, my Berkshire-Hathaway stock is up 1.63% today as well!

time to order more parts! :looney:

hooray for boobies! :clap:
my strip club stock is up 2.7% today! (Rick's cabaret)

also, thanks to my idol Warren Buffet, my Berkshire-Hathaway stock is up 1.63% today as well!

time to order more parts! :looney:

This post is full of win.

And ok, since you're getting a tube bender... I'll have to stop by in august.

Back