• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

That blows man but banks are still a little scared after the bust and I am sure being from Cali and not Oregon was a consideration.

And as I just found out, doin a refi is a major pita. The Banks make you jump thru hoops and do tricks at the same time.

no doubt rob, i finished 1 refi a couple months ago & am waiting for 2 more to close now. just waiting for appraisals to come in. they want tons of paperwork, but it is a bit easier than it was a few years ago. the rates now are insanely low, so it is a perfect time to buy or refi.

100_2071_edited-1.jpg

Nice Tim. Have you run them yet? Help with joint hop at all?
May need to get a set, but hard to justify without breaking my current axles.

no doubt rob, i finished 1 refi a couple months ago & am waiting for 2 more to close now. just waiting for appraisals to come in. they want tons of paperwork, but it is a bit easier than it was a few years ago. the rates now are insanely low, so it is a perfect time to buy or refi.

Yeah, the paperwork and requirements are ridiculous. But these interest rates make it worth the hastle. The last time I did a refi was in '05 just before the meltdown. And, of course, it was super easy to get money then. I still can't refi my house here since my property value to loan balance ratio is much to high and Richmond East, I mean Pittsburg/Antioch, probably won't be raising values much anytime soon. But at least property values have stayed up pretty well in Hawaii :yelclap:

Those are nice! But I think I'd take it back for a new set...Your condoms have holes in the end...:dunce:....

ben, i haven't run them yet, but i would be disappointed in anything less that perfection for what they cost!

ben, i haven't run them yet, but i would be disappointed in anything less that perfection for what they cost!

My kid brother has a set on his Jk 30. I have yet to drive it in the rocks. I would think the biggest benefit to those is the loss of u-joint jerk, and gaining constant torque while turning the wheels. Still the bling factor is there for sure. Very nice.

My kid brother has a set on his Jk 30. I have yet to drive it in the rocks. I would think the biggest benefit to those is the loss of u-joint jerk, and gaining constant torque while turning the wheels. Still the bling factor is there for sure. Very nice.

no way, the biggest bennie is that unlike u-joints, they do not break!
(unless you go all KOH with them :eyes:)
i doubt i can hurt them with my weak suck 4.0

second bennie is the added few degrees of steering angle, that will help on tight trails.

third bennie is not having to carry spare axles or u-joints.

Wow! Nice build Tim!

What did your overall wheelbase end up being? I'm curious to know how far back to rear needs to be to clear the door.

Drop us a note in SoCal next time you come down to run some trails, I'll follow you!!

thanks, i'll be at koh '13 but don't know if i'll have the red or green xj there.
the wheelbase is 106"

Your red POS looks great Tim, but I think you have build that thing soooo much that the trails will no longer be a challenge. I guess thats great if you dont know how to drive. Or you will be wheeling alone because no one will be able to follow you.

Do you have any trips planned up this way? Or are you one until next year?

Jasons right Tim, you should build another, so I can drive it.

bring it to socal... plenty of trails down here to push that beast to the limit

just realized i haven't updated this stoopid blog in months...
been buys as hell.
flopped the red p.o.s. with hiimmred in the passenger seat. fun!
we made it through december when my wife Diane had her second hip replaced. not fun!
my step daughter visited us for a couple months & got to go to KOH with us, i think she had a blast. got to hang out & wheel with the reno boys who are always a riot.
we started building the 2013 NAXJA raffle rig last weekend, continued this weekend, & will be back on it next weekend as well.
i need to get the raffle rig rolling again soon so i can get the red p.o.s. into the shop so i can fab up a rear transfer case support mount, as the atlas came loose on the last hollister trip. another mount will fix that issue.
i bought a set of built dana 44's today so i'll have to get busy fabbing up mounts for the green heep once i pick the axles up.
the work, i mean fun, never ends!

so when are you putting a cage into the red POS? or did you?

and its not like you could damage Ed's head any worse than it already is :gee:

so when are you putting a cage into the red POS? or did you?

and its not like you could damage Ed's head any worse than it already is :gee:

no cage yet, i have all the tube, a hydraulic bender, & notcher in my shop waiting.

Back