• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JUST FOR BANDIT

Re: NAC Lots-O- Posts Thread-Part Deux

my jeep is desert tan now =)

DSC07141.jpg

DSC07144.jpg

Kinda digging the desert tan, looks good!! When you did the 97>front clip, did you replace the front fenders too? The reason I ask is I have a later model front clip for the MJ, and I got the front fenders too. I don't really want to change the front fenders unless I HAVE too ... and if you used the early model front fenders with the later model header panel, it looks like it matches up well..... and gives me MORE reason NOT to change my front fenders. :yelclap::yelclap:

Andy, they're late model fenders (i sold them to him). I've heard you can make the swap work with the earlier fenders but the 97+ ones will look a lot better

Andy, they're late model fenders (i sold them to him). I've heard you can make the swap work with the earlier fenders but the 97+ ones will look a lot better

That sucks, yeah, now that I am looking at it closer I can see the rounded top edges. Oh well, guess I'll have a late-fall project for the MJ.

A.

Front fenders are easy to swap, I did my whole 97+ un-retrofit (my 98 came with a 96-down nose on it) in a parking lot with no power, hand tools only, in approximately 45 minutes. The worst part honestly was getting the blasted headlight harness connector plugged in, I absolutely hate those little red plastic safety latches.

The fender and plastic liner come out as a single piece if you just cut a hole through the plastic liner and take a sawzall to the metal strap at the center of the top mounting boltstrip, then chop off the little plastic push pins holding the liner to the inner fender. That strap is gone on my wheeling rig anyways since it interfered with the tires.

Kinda digging the desert tan, looks good!! When you did the 97>front clip, did you replace the front fenders too? The reason I ask is I have a later model front clip for the MJ, and I got the front fenders too. I don't really want to change the front fenders unless I HAVE too ... and if you used the early model front fenders with the later model header panel, it looks like it matches up well..... and gives me MORE reason NOT to change my front fenders. :yelclap::yelclap:

thanks man! and yea as many have chimed in already you gotta do the fenders too. i just did the front clip probably 3 weeks ago now i guess. :woohoo:

I love how none of us post here but once it gets a post we ALL see it ahhaha

On another note...I feel like shit and just took a 3.5 hour nap and i feel like a champion

thanks man! and yea as many have chimed in already you gotta do the fenders too. i just did the front clip probably 3 weeks ago now i guess. :woohoo:

Thanks... guess I have to cut/paint this set of fenders too then... (getting tired of these "painting" projects...)

Thanks... guess I have to cut/paint this set of fenders too then... (getting tired of these "painting" projects...)

Hey atleast you have Jeep projects! The only thing closed to a project is going to be me trying to replace my unit bearings with 1/2 the tools I usually have on the top of a mountain in a crammed student parking lot....:sure:

yea painting can be a pain.. especially when your doing the whole jeep :sure:

looks like Pizza the Hut

wow 3 weeks since a post.. gotta get a bump goin on here.. CANT LET IT DIE!!! roflmao

let's keep this thread alive!

i know how to stir up some conversation... ready?

my XJ was stolen about a half an hour ago

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? where lets go kill somebody!

Back