• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JUST FOR BANDIT

Re: NAC Lots-O- Posts Thread-Part Deux

I thought the same till I started working on the cursed thing. My 96 is my first jeep too.

From what I've read, the 96s had a worse rust problem than most other years, not sure why, must have been the metal they used. That 96 that gradon parted out was gross, mine is pretty terrible, and yours just adds to the evidence...

yeah.. its been a non stop rust war since I got it...
but so has the 99...

my 98 on the other had that thing was spotless.

::banghead:

my 96 has very minimal rust... a little on the underside.. the floorpans under the back seat.. and thats about it

cut that cancer out or it WILL metastasize into everything else.

Pull the carpet up. Rust on the floors comes from within usually - due to the stupid factory putting jute padding and those water-absorbing padding packs right against it. A single tiny crack or bubble in the paint, or the spots where the seat mounting bolts scrape the paint off, and it is all over.

cut that cancer out or it WILL metastasize into everything else.

Pull the carpet up. Rust on the floors comes from within usually - due to the stupid factory putting jute padding and those water-absorbing padding packs right against it. A single tiny crack or bubble in the paint, or the spots where the seat mounting bolts scrape the paint off, and it is all over.

mine has no rust on the inside.. carpet is out and the floor is bedlined.. theres just some small patches underneath

FINALLY....

IMG_5791.jpg

At least you have a roof.

dayum that tie rod and diff cover are the hotness.

Looks good Ty... I am digging the 1/2 doors. Been wanting to do that for a while myself, but it has been low on my priority list lately. I have a drivers side door (my XJ is a 2dr) that I cut the window frame off of, and marked it for cutting, but thats as far as I got. I have some "other" cutting planned right now, but the 1/2 doors might be a fall project for me, we'll see...

Looks good Ty... I am digging the 1/2 doors. Been wanting to do that for a while myself, but it has been low on my priority list lately. I have a drivers side door (my XJ is a 2dr) that I cut the window frame off of, and marked it for cutting, but thats as far as I got. I have some "other" cutting planned right now, but the 1/2 doors might be a fall project for me, we'll see...

Thanks andy! Yeah I am pleased with the half doors. Theyre still really rough and need some work. I kinda rushed to get them put together and welded and all that junk. They need some love with the grinder, and some bondo

Back