• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jenny Creek 09-11-10

Well ya i konw that lol. I have ran this trail before. Just when I get parts in or new ones laying around the house I wana put them on so bad lol. ANd the bumper I dont know I just picked up the metal from school and desided to start on it. Now im in the middle of it.

I know you ran this trail, just funny you and your projects before the trail.

That is what Labor day weekend is all about, getting projects done. Sucks no mail delivery, your drop brackets will be in tomorrow. Do a write up and get me pics of those dang upper arms.........sheesh! :D

I know you ran this trail, just funny you and your projects before the trail.

That is what Labor day weekend is all about, getting projects done. Sucks no mail delivery, your drop brackets will be in tomorrow. Do a write up and get me pics of those dang upper arms.........sheesh! :D

That is what its about lol. I got both skids on and welded. Got everything cut and ready to go finish my bumper and I pulled a you. Ran out of wire. SHIT! So well see if the bumper gets donw now lol. Might just saty how it is right now for the trip. And I have pics of the control arms! Just finished painting them today as well. Will PM you pics. Dam I always have so many projects going on lol

Ok, so this is the way I see it at the moment.

1. Skully
2. Jeepfreak
3. XJcase
4. Coloradoraptor
5. Hypoid (maybe)
6. XJgirl (maybe)

No way I'll make this one. :(

Best case, I'll be installing this weekend.

I have some u-joint issues for the 30 and front shaft. i think my steering will make jenny creek. but I am broker then broke so getting those u-joints/shafts might be hard...

BROKE... like as in 10 bucks broke

I have a few stock shafts lying around that I cannot use anymore due to my super30 upgrade. If you would like them (free) let me know and send a PM.

Ok, so this is the way I see it at the moment.

1. Skully
2. Jeepfreak
3. XJcase
4. Coloradoraptor
5. XJgirl (maybe)

Wow, Ira actually driving up to wheel with us? I am in awe..................just giving you shite Ira, it will be a pleasure since last I saw you was the gear and parts run a year or so ago. You bringing your boy? I was bringing both youngsters plus a special guest. My old wheeling dude that lived with us (adult foster care.) He is going to be part of my marketing for the wheeling adventures I am trying to put together.

XJgirl hopefully you can get you Jeep in good running condition for the trip.

I actually came home from work at 4:30, the wife and kids were napping. So I started the project to replace the passenger side motor mount, took all of 1 1/2 hours.
Had to change oil of course as to do it as you have to removed the filter and adapter piece to get the Damn bolt out for the motor mount.

I found all three bolts that hold the bracket on the motor were finger loose, so saved again by odd timing. Could imagine those bolts vibrating out and dropping the motor on the passenger side. Not an easy trail fix..............

BTW why in the hell did Jeep use two hex head bolts and one torx head bolt to button up the bracket? stuuupid, hard as hell to get enough pressure on the socket and tighten at the same time!

I am not sure about a Caravan, Jeepfreak doesn't like my path I guess. I have to pick up my co-pilot at 7:30 at 84th and federal area. Then head out and I will probably head out 104th to HWY93 pass by Hypoid and make fun of him, then up 72 through Blackhawk to Rollinsville. Anyone wanting to meet on that path and head up together let me know. XJboy you still pondering??

Last edited:
skully when do you think you'll be on 93? I am taking 93 north from 6th ave to 72 - I imagine we'll be on the same path at some point there but why don't you just take 121 to 72 and then go from there?

regardless maybe we can meet up at 93 and 72 and head out from there.

Let me know

When did I saw that? Threw blackhawk is the long ass way. And I wana get wheeling before noon lol. I gotta be back once again for work at 5:45 lol. What was the way you were planning?

When I told you the way I usually go to get to that area, you said: "That was the long way."

Not sure why it is a long way? You can only take I-70 part way to the Blackhawk exit but I hated driving the interstate with stock gears and 33's trying to stay at 65 barely............. I can not believe you like that torture? :rolleyes:

Can go up coal creek as well and head left on 119 but in all there is very limited ways to get to Rollinsville.............. ????

Meet at the trailhead at 9:30, I should get there a little early if I get out of the city by 8am. It takes me an hour to get to Rollinsville from my house.

XJ Case we can meet at the 7-11 on Hwy 93 in Golden. It is just a little north of the hwy to head up to Blackhawk / Rollinsville.

Just a thought............

Skully- I'm not even going and you have me confused.

The quickest way to Rollinsville (from the northern suburbs) is straight out 88th Avenue. 88th turns into highway 72 (Coal Creek Canyon) at Indiana. Take 72 to 119, turn left. Go a couple of miles to Rollinsville. I can make this trip from my house (98th and Olde Wadsworth) in under an hour.

Or

One of the longer ways is taking highway 6 (Clear Creek Canyon) out of Golden to 119. Taking 119 through Blackhawk then another 15 or so miles to Rollinsville.

The quickest way to Rollinsville (from the northern suburbs) is straight out 88th Avenue. 88th turns into highway 72 (Coal Creek Canyon) at Indiana. Take 72 to 119, turn left. Go a couple of miles to Rollinsville. I can make this trip from my house (98th and Olde Wadsworth) in under an hour.

Or

One of the longer ways is taking highway 6 (Clear Creek Canyon) out of Golden to 119. Taking 119 through Blackhawk then another 15 or so miles to Rollinsville.

Matt did get us to Rollinsville pretty quick, on our Jenny Creek run.

Or

That is what I said dingleberry :) .................... but XJcase is coming from the south not our end of town and he is coming up hwy 93. If would be longer for him to drive up to Coal Creek than if he just took 119 through Blackhawk.

Yes it is under an hour from my house to Rollinsville, an hour to Idaho Springs, but I am not coming straight from my house................... :greensmok

Last edited:
coal creekand head left on 119 is the way Ive alwasy gone. But you know what you just pick the way and ill fallow you whatever way you go. Dont matter to me. :cheers:

We need a meeting place(address)/time or I will be screwed! I am not all that familiar with the Denver/Boulder area!! I will be driving up from the Springs and have my trusty Garmin. Yeah Skully, I figured if I was going to wheel with you knuckleheads I would have to drive up and do it :D My son will not be attending, he is with his mother( Xwife) in Mississippi......... :eye: My girlfriend may come with me. Skully, you pick a time and place and those that want to attend will show, including me.

Last edited:
I am out. Still need to check on my t-case issues, plus I think my rear diff is howling, and there is a nice new pop in the front end now!

With school and work I just don't have the time to do anything.

I think I am going to take the boat out this weekend instead and do some fishing.

Back