• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2020 Fordyce run September 18th-20th

Mike pennock will be bringing his rig up fri morning as well

I'll have to dig into it more but we might not be able to do this with California closing camping in national forest. I don't know how long the closure is gonna be 4 but I'll try and look into it today.

Well that sucks. Looks like the camping restrictions were announced yesterday. Fat chance, but here's to hoping in a major change of weather in the next few days (fingers crossed).

Yep tahoe NF is closed as of yesterday. Its on a day by day basis right now

So the trails are remaining open we just cant camp on NF land . If we could find private property to camp on and do day runs...

Well that sucks. Looks like the camping restrictions were announced yesterday. Fat chance, but here's to hoping in a major change of weather in the next few days (fingers crossed).

Hoping so. Also I messaged you. Not sure if it worked though.

If somehow this Fordyce run gets salvaged, I only need a days notice.
That being said, it's not looking good. In other news, check out this tweet from EldoradoNF...Rubicon trail being evacuated?...

The Fork fire is 100 ac w/ significant growth potential. Located off Wentworth Springs Rd. and the Gerle Creek access.
E. of Gerle Creek, S. of South Creek Rd. Evacuations are in place for Loon Lake, Gerle Creek and Rubicon trail areas.
1:17 PM · Sep 8, 2020

yeah I heard about that fire near rubicon

Hopefully this changes early next week 🙏

Its commiefornia where temporary closures are usually more permanent. Remember the red frog in el dorado? Deer valley was closed for like 8 years... I would say this closure will last more than a week as some of these fires have been burning for weeks.

Back