• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 stuff part 2

Evidently this was supposed to have happened over a month ago and shortly before "order time" we were supposed to send in orders for finalization. Obviously there are hold ups with the ordering guy and something personal which is understandable. I "placed" an order but havent heard anything back, and I don't think anyone else has either. I think I may just go order some parts on mine own cause this is redic. Hope things with the main order guy get better but if you say "hey I'm doing a group order" then you should in a timely manner and not just leave people with a single clue about whats going on.

From what I understand there's alot of patience involved in this process. Did you read the other thread? May take months to get something from China. Patience is one of my strong points.

I'm interested in at least the tail lights!

It has been 2 months since the mention of a group buy. If I were the one in charge (i.e. lived on the coast by a dock) then I would have everything done by now, unless it is just china being slow on their end. Dude has had some family shit going on which is fine, but sounds like he's deserted us and so I'm going to do a shipment of my own since I don't want the front, just some taillights and mirrors.

Count me out

--Alex

It really does take a lot of time and coordinating..
This is not a "mouse click "away type of thing; There are many many factors that the person who is brave enough to form a Group Buy . has to work thru that Can Not be controled.

I don't know the person who is the head of this Group buy BUT .
I acknowledge the hard work that it takes to do this sort of thing. and recognize the people that have done it in the Original Group Buy.

If Someone wants to try indivitually..... Good Luck.
Be better I guess if someone would offer to give a hand to the guy who has the intention but maybe because of problems cannot do it by himself...maybe .

Patience is the word. and persistance. and then Hope that everyone sends their share.

Peace.:rolleyes:

BajaMJ said:
If Someone wants to try indivitually..... Good Luck.
Be better I guess if someone would offer to give a hand to the guy who has the intention but maybe because of problems cannot do it by himself...maybe.

"someone".... Ok, what do you guys need help on? I have not been following this thread, so instead of reading it just let me know what the problems so far are?
Two of the biggest problems we had on the first order were, getting it done and getting money from the buyers.
#1 You need to get somebody that wants to do all the work of ordering, money transfers and shipping and pick up.... then sending it all out. It's alot of work, phone calls, emails, driving and hard to do if you have a day job and family.
#2 Collecting all the money from people who want to buy was like squeezing blood from a rock. The order I placed was less than half the size of what the wish list was. Everybody 'wants' something but the funds are tight now days..... trust me I know.

* KEEP THE ORDER REASONABLE IN SIZE!
* There needs to be a definite 'cut off date' or you are going to keep having people wanting something else and your never going to get a proper shipping quote.
* After you place the order break the shipping cost down the way I posted a few months ago.
* Send out a packing list to your buyers with totals and shipping costs included.
* Get money from buyers.... Remember Paypal fees.
* Wait for stuff to get here
* Pay fees at docks
* Get stuff home, check for broken stuff, let your people know its here and how do they want it.
* Get more money from buyers to ship out items.

Not trying to be a wise ass just letting you know. And Gerry is right its not some click to order thing, its truley like having another job.
And to the guy who was just going to 'do it himself', the shipping cost would be huge for what you want to order.
-Chris
PM or call me if you have questions or need specifics.

I second Chris doing another order. Don't do it just for us, but the poor xj's needing a facelift ;).

There were a couple of guys on here that lived near a port, and offered to help. I am about 2.5 hours away from Baltimore, but if there is anyone closer, maybe he and Chris can get together and get all the info from the original guy and get this thing done. It makes no difference to me about how long it takes, and since we have payed nothing yet, I would not cry if everything fell through, but once we start talking real money, lets make sure we get this done right. It's not gonna be easy, but we already knew that. If I was more organized, I'd offer to do it all, but I'm ADD scatter brained, and the last thing I want to do is mess up someone else's order and ruin his project.

That was biggest fear on the last order.... I was afraid that we were going to get stiffed on the money and I was going to have to come on here and tell everyone that. That would of sucked, but I was also worried that some people on here would think that 'I' stiffed them. But in the end it worked out good. You guys need to have an honest chat with the guy doing your order and see if everything is still cool or if he is having problems. Give him a chance to work it out.... if not let me know and I'll see about get it going again.
-Chris

I'd be willing to make a list of everyone and what they are requesting. First we need to make a deadline. I would be help more, but I live on the west coast. Let me know If I can help. Let's get this doing!

I live on the shore in Connecticut. Im only a few miles from New Haven Harbor but I dont know if they do frieght like that, I think just oil. Im about a half hour from Bridgeport Harbor and I know they do frieght. Id be more than happy to set this up and I can ship everything out when it gets here. Or let me know if there is anyway I can assist so we can get this done. We definatly need to set up a deadline. Who do we contact in China to ship out these parts? I WANT THESE PARTS BAD!!!!!
Matt

IROCthe4.0 said:
I live on the shore in Connecticut. Im only a few miles from New Haven Harbor but I dont know if they do frieght like that, I think just oil. Im about a half hour from Bridgeport Harbor and I know they do frieght. Id be more than happy to set this up and I can ship everything out when it gets here. Or let me know if there is anyway I can assist so we can get this done. We definatly need to set up a deadline. Who do we contact in China to ship out these parts? I WANT THESE PARTS BAD!!!!!
Matt

Turn red first so we can trust ya :D.

If I end up doing the order it's going to come into San Diego (I know a guy down there :)) or it comes into Seattle like last time. I prefer Seattle because I maintain control of the goods until I ship them out. I go over to Seattle often, know the guys at Customs and it's somewhat close to home. I don't want to use a East coast port because the junk is shipped in my name and I don't want to fly over to do the Customs junk and I want to check it for damage before I leave the port. You guys need to check with RED and see what his status is on the order?
-Chris

BonesBrosChris said:
If I end up doing the order it's going to come into San Diego (I know a guy down there :)) or it comes into Seattle like last time. I prefer Seattle because I maintain control of the goods until I ship them out. I go over to Seattle often, know the guys at Customs and it's somewhat close to home. I don't want to use a East coast port because the junk is shipped in my name and I don't want to fly over to do the Customs junk and I want to check it for damage before I leave the port. You guys need to check with RED and see what his status is on the order?
-Chris

Besides : From China to West coast = 9800 miles ( give or take a few armstrokes) :gee:

China to East coast = almost 20,000 miles..:confused1

Difference in shipping by sea all the way to east coast vs. Domestic ground ship from west coast to east coast? = PRICELESS :gee:

Chris : If u decide to run the show ; I'll asist 'ya :read:.
Peace.:)

Chris let me know if I can help.:cheers:

I don't want REDXJ to get bent because its his thread.... so until I hear from him on the status of the order I'm going to 'hold'. So, if any of you guys want to contact him and see where he is at on this.... please do and let me know. Just want to get it rolling and get some more stuff over on our side of the planet for the guys that missed out on the first order. I'll request a current price list on Monday so we can get the prices locked in. They tried that last time also, but they gave it to me at the older prices. Gerry I want to get with you later in the week and talk to you about the whole Cali or Seattle port thing. Also, a new thread will be started if I do another order to make it easier for everyone. I would rather people PM or email me wanting stuff instead of reading 40 pages over and over looking for people that I may of missed, and i'll post the prices on the first page...... but we can figure that out at a later date!
Have a good weekend!,
Chris

Back