• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Conversion order #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it would be here a few weeks into January. I'll drop them an email and see what the answer is.
-Chris

Cool, thats about what i was thinking. I already got a price to get it all painted so now i can give him a rough time frame as to when i will be dropping it all off.

Cool, thats about what i was thinking. I already got a price to get it all painted so now i can give him a rough time frame as to when i will be dropping it all off.

Hey, what were you quoted for painting?

Hey, what were you quoted for painting?

matched pain by code from vin is $350 for both fenders and header panel, original quality dupont paint and clear with a buff/wet sand if needed. $500 if i include a new hood (which i want to do) and the hood would be a used hood that i am having a local shop put a few rows of pressed in louvers for hood venting. So $350 or $500 depending on if i do a hood or not. Louvers are like $5 a louver so id prolly do 3 rows of louvers on each half of the hood at about 8 louvers each row depending on the size of the louver.

It's looking like it will be in the first part of January '09. I should know in the next few weeks and get copy's of the shipping doc's.

just wondering for future reference. for an entire kit, including everything you can possible get(fenders, bumpers. etc.) what was the total cost inluding the shipping to the port?

so if i had gotten in on this order and gotten all the parts possible I would have only paid $500 plus the cost of shipping to my door. damn, I wish i would have participated. hopefully it will happen again.

Well I ordered 3 sets by my own and it came to $1500 shipped to my port in texas, thats 3 sets of fenders, lights, bumper, bumper caps, rear bumper caps, rear bumper, tail lights, mirrors, body moldings, front and rear flares, fog lights, grills, front molding thing (i don't know what is called..) and 1 roof rack and 2 stainless steel hooks... I order my stuff a week or two later than this group buy and receiving my stuff on the first days of january...

how did you go about doing it on your own? who to contact, etc.

I just registered on alexparts.com and send them an e-mail asking for a quote on prices shipped and they called me the same day at around 4 am LOL...telling me to check my e-mail and from there everything has been through e-mail...its kinda easy :D

It looks like it will be here in port on the 2nd week of January. But I'm still waiting on the B.O.L. from the ship its coming on so its all offical.
And Bonneville is right its not hard to order parts from them (Alex), but if you only want a few things its kinda expensive. Thats why I wanted to get some other guys in on the order to soften up the shipping. If your looking to order some quanity then contact them directly, if you want a set of taillamps its best to get in on someone's order. The thing that thats kinda weird with AlexParts is they don't really let you know the status of the order after the order is placed. You gotta hound them with emails and phone calls.....
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back