• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Conversion order #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pics would be awesome. Will Alex update you on the production of the parts? I'm guessing that the parts might ship sometime at the end of the month.

MJ31.jpg

MJ38.jpg

MJ39.jpg

MJ44.jpg

MJ45.jpg

MJ48.jpg

MJ49.jpg

MJ50.jpg

I'm paying my order to alexparts tomorrow, I order 3 full sets from front bumper to rear bumper including the body sides and mirrors :thumbup: keeping one for me and selling the other 2 locally so that way mine will come out free :rof:

Could you grab a pic of the backside of those taillights? I'm curious whether all the bulbs and sockets will snap right in?

So it looks to me that the stock wiring on the 2500 lights needs to be disassembled and separately wired to the factory wires, ie 3 wires from head lights split and wired to stock xj wired and same for all the signals and those little round lights must be some kind of built in fog light i guess that can be wired separately? Shouldnt be too hard to do. actually depending on the config of the headlight plug the factory xj plug may plug right in.

Chris, i assume you have done this swap already do you have any pics of it or install tips we should know about? I have yet to see this front end on an american XJ.

I honestly think you can easily just split up the wires to each light then splice them to the factory wiring. should be very easy.

So it looks to me that the stock wiring on the 2500 lights needs to be disassembled and separately wired to the factory wires, ie 3 wires from head lights split and wired to stock xj wired and same for all the signals and those little round lights must be some kind of built in fog light i guess that can be wired separately? Shouldnt be too hard to do. actually depending on the config of the headlight plug the factory xj plug may plug right in.

Chris, i assume you have done this swap already do you have any pics of it or install tips we should know about? I have yet to see this front end on an american XJ.

The headlight plug on the XJ harness will plug right into the H4 lights, the red/black wire combo is for the parking light, the yellow/black combo is for the turn signal.

so ya, you need to cut that plug off, and splice it into your existing harness.

Does the header panel include the wiring harness for the lights?

It does not.

Ok, so the head lights plug right in, the turn signals are spliced in, parking/running lights but what is that small round light at the inner corner? is it a little fog light?

Ok, so the head lights plug right in, the turn signals are spliced in, parking/running lights but what is that small round light at the inner corner? is it a little fog light?

No. There are only 3 lights in the headlight housing. The Headlamp(with high/low) the turn signal(which runs along the bottom of the headlight), and the parking light which is located towards the center of the vehicle.

Funny thing.... right when the parts came in last time I got all ready to do it and then promptly sh!t the motor in the '01. Pretty cool since it only has 90k :(. And we were in the middle of moving to a new house. So it all sitting in boxes in the back of the XJ waiting..... But with the fenders coming this time I'm going to get it in the garage, put the new motor in and do the facelift. I'll take some pics when I get it rolling.
We should start a new "2500 Conversion Build" thread, so we can keep track of everyones progress.
-Chris

Funny thing.... right when the parts came in last time I got all ready to do it and then promptly sh!t the motor in the '01. Pretty cool since it only has 90k :(. And we were in the middle of moving to a new house. So it all sitting in boxes in the back of the XJ waiting..... But with the fenders coming this time I'm going to get it in the garage, put the new motor in and do the facelift. I'll take some pics when I get it rolling.
We should start a new "2500 Conversion Build" thread, so we can keep track of everyones progress.
-Chris

I got a 01 motor with 48k on it, interested?

Also, are your old fenders and header still in good shape?

I got a 01 motor with 48k on it, interested?

Also, are your old fenders and header still in good shape?

Why yes I am Z. :) Yes the front clip is in good shape.... just the minor rock chips and such.

Sounds like a fair trade to me :) How bout we meet half way..... your can pull the clip off it and I'll swap the motor out. You name the off ramp and I'll meet ya there.

PM'd ya

-Chris

Ive also got a couple of decent header panels FWIW.

The U-Pull-It here always has a Jeep, so i can get them pretty regularly also.

The hard part for me has been finding a light blue one to match my Jeep. Once i found one finally, i learned about the 2500 parts and dropped the idea to replace my gray one that i used after i hit a deer.

Chris,

When will you know when the parts are going to arrive in the US? I am assuming some time in december or jan if its setup for Nov production.

Just trying to set myself a time table for other things i have planned as well as getting all this front end parts painted and ready to install, it would be ideal to get it all done over winter and install in spring cause i dont have a garage to work from.

-Kyle

I'd place my hopes to arrive at Port in by mid Jan.
Then the sorting , packing and the sending to each one? :dunno:
Wadda think Chris?
Peace.:sunshine:

Last edited:
Ive also got a couple of decent header panels FWIW.

The U-Pull-It here always has a Jeep, so i can get them pretty regularly also.

The hard part for me has been finding a light blue one to match my Jeep. Once i found one finally, i learned about the 2500 parts and dropped the idea to replace my gray one that i used after i hit a deer.

97+ Header Panels?

96- are more common than the zits on my back.

97+ seem to be much more rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back