• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Conversion order #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just send him thousands of dollars and be done with it ;)

Yeah do it.... I need some new shoes! :)
Whats weird is that I just wired over almost 5K for all this stuff, and now I got that weird tingly feeling.

I sent the funds prior to readin the thread aswell. I will make sure i add the funds when we pay for shipping to make up for it and then some.

Man, I'm so bummed that I couldn't make it in on this one. I was waiting on some money and unfortunately I got the check on Monday right before the order was gonna be sent. Hope there's gonna be another order sometime soon :(

Man, I'm so bummed that I couldn't make it in on this one. I was waiting on some money and unfortunately I got the check on Monday right before the order was gonna be sent. Hope there's gonna be another order sometime soon :(

I'm sure somebody will do another one.

Translation: "Dont ask me."

:shocked: I was trying to be postive...... but thats what I was thinking.

Honestly, I like doing it but its a ton of work and with all the other stuff that goes on day to day makes it stressful. And this time the size of the order was a lot bigger than I expected it to be.

I'm sure your right Eric. :)

So did we fill an entire shipping container?

I am more afraid of what is gonna cost to ship a front end from CA to NH. Maybe palatalize it or sumtin, i dunno.

So did we fill an entire shipping container?

I am more afraid of what is gonna cost to ship a front end from CA to NH. Maybe palatalize it or sumtin, i dunno.

It wasn't to bad doing it by UPS last time but we didn't do any fenders. Here is a list of all the stuff we have coming this time.

32 Fenders
38 Marker Lamps
32 Headlamps
68 Taillights
26 Foglamps
10 Rear Bumper Caps
10 Front Bumper Caps
5 Front Bumpers
5 Rear Bumpers
12 Mirrors
12 Rear Flares
14 Front Flares
11 Grilles
12 Grille Headers
4 Grille Moulding Sets
1 HVAC Cover
6 Water Proof Sets
Total almost $5,000 including shipping.

I think we made a dent but nowhere close to filling up a container. Really I don't know how much stuff we need to get to fill one up. Interesting note is that the shipping for the stuff from the first order (parts cost $600) was only a few dollars cheaper than ordering $4,700 in parts on this order.
-Chris

2500cherokeeG2.jpg

I am sure everyone has seen this photoshop masterpiece:D. I was planning to go the same route with the headlights. For those of you who have recieved them in the last order, how difficult would it be to separate them in order to black them out. Or is the quality so low that doing so would risk cracking them? I was also wondering what to do for a front bumper. I seems like the factory 2500 bumper is taller than the U.S counterparts. Would, say, a warn bumper look funny on this Jeep making the headlight look more enormous than they already do? I might bust out the cardboard and make my own, following the new lines of the front end.
sorry for the rant, I can't seem to keep the parts off my mind:gee:. Now to figure out where to get the darn parts painted. Here's a pic of the victim

n869815600_3703831_3278.jpg

Where are you guys getting this "the quality is so bad" stuff from? Is it just because of the cost your paying? Of all the stuff I bought last time I can't think of one thing that I thought was crap. Now, the holes where the bulbs sockets go on the tail lamp needed a bit of "cleaning up", and when used without the 2500 bumper corners there is too much of a gap at the bottom. Everything else is just "fit and finish" stuff. The more work you put into getting it to right before you paint it, the better it will look (speaking about the header panel). Now the about the headlamps I don't think they they can be popped apart without f'ing them up. There is sealant around the outer edge..... But the thought never crossed my mind to pop it open to investigate. The reflector housing under the lens would be sort of weird to paint because of the angles, but I guess you could just tint the clear cover.
-Chris

I wasn't trying to sound like the quality was low. All the pictures of the stuff from the last order seem to be of high quality. The only Chinese parts I tend to worry about are engine and steel suspension parts. Cmon, the plastic has to be strong because all of the lead in it :D. I was leaning more to the quality of the sealant so I could pry the pieces apart, but I guess I won't be chancing it now.

It wasn't directed to you but more of a general observation from the PM's I've been getting. I just think if people paid $300 for those headlamps they would be a lot cooler, but since they are "cheap" in price they must be in quality too. If you want I can take some close up pics of the headlamps if your interested.

I've noticed that the tail-lights have coloring problems as well as fitment issues. Like the right side amber lens is golden orange, while the left amber lens is straw piss colored. I don't know what other kinds of quality issues there are with the other pieces but the taillights are definitely sub-par.

I think the headlights could be disassembled, you would need to heat them up in the oven, then gently pry the two pieces apart, you could either then remove the glue and use some new stuff, or cut it nicely as you pry apart and reheat to reassemble.

Those pics would be awesome. Will Alex update you on the production of the parts? I'm guessing that the parts might ship sometime at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back