• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its been a rough week....

jeepdude25

NAXJA Forum User
Well I thought Id share this sad story with you peeps on here. As some of you know Im a LEO and we had a police officer that I work with commit suicide this week. He and his wife were going through some tuff issues and they decided to get a divorce. He wanted a family and kids so bad that he thought that he couldnt go through life anymore without his current wife and her son. He was totally cool at work and having fun and joking around the morning of the incident. He then went home and got into a arguement with his soon to be ex and then took his own life. I tell you all this story because its very sad and he was a good friend of mine. Im asking for you all to pray for his family and friends even if you didnt know him. Thanks fella's god bless.

That's rough man. Can only hope he's found the peace he was lacking. I have to say it is a blessing that he did not harm anyone else in his time of great pain.

My thoughts will be with those who were close to him.

I'll put them on my list.

Prayers are with them and with you. Stay strong. I know its a tough thing to go through but you have people who can help ya through with anything.

So sorry to hear it Ryan. I'm sure you're going through so many feelings about it. I've been in your shoes several times myself - losing a friend, particularly another LEO friend can be so gut-wrenching. I've gone to 3 of these kinds of funerals. It's almost NEVER the job that causes them to do it, it's what the job does to the family most of the time. It can be the greatest job on earth...... but generally just for the cop. It's hard to balance - hard to always wear two "hats". It's equally hard for the cop's family to empathize with the job stresses - and how it changes them.

Rest assured - there was absolutely nothing you could have done. It was likely done impulsively, and heat of the moment. If he didn't reach out, he wasn't going to be able to reason through it. I'm sure it wasn't because he felt he couldn't reach out, but he probably didn't feel like burdening his friends with his problems.

Feel free to call me Ryan if ya wanna chat about it or blow off steam.....

sorry man. seen this scenario played out in the service as well. people get blinded by the major issues they have now, not able to realize that there is absolutely nothing worth taking your own life for. not a woman, not a job, nothing. my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Suicide is a very difficult thing to deal with. A very close friend of mine did it and I didn't deal with it well at all. Get help if you need it, or if others think you need it, this is where I messed up. I wish the best for you and his family.

It's tough man, and I can't say the thoughts are going to pass through you're head in a few days and you will never think of it again... It's like that bad movie you cannot get out of you're head.

At 17, my friend Bobby took his own life during a family vacation.

2 years later my friend matt jumped in front of an amtrack train and left a loving family and a talent of riding a skateboard behind. I still think he could have made it to the Xgames.

About a year after that, my friend Jacob jumped off a bridge in Nyc... And till this day I feel guilty about not seeing his drug problem more clearly. But in the end it's all up to us and no one else how we get through the day.

It's a bad movie, it sucks, but eventually the wonder and pain turns into memories you cherish that you had with them. Don't ever let the way he went out change you're memories of who he was, and the joy he brought. Let his memories inspire you...

Not haunt you. (trust me, it will eat you alive)

thoughts and prayers

Back