• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It was so Pretty

first obstacle, would had crawled it but there was ice on the top part of it and most of it was snow, I was being "easy" on the rev limiter too, :), broke it there then ran most of the whole trail with it broken, only needed to winch once on one of the back trails.

well back out to the garage, gotta trail run this weekend,,

Damn, that sucks. How did the OX hold up?

That first obstacle, I assume you are referring to the big rock face? Thats nasty when it has ice, I saw a Rubicon almost bite it rolling sideways back down the face due to ice at the top. Theres video of it I could probably find if you want.

Daamn, that was such a clean XJ. Sucks man, its such a shame. It was beautiful before though, nice work on it.

yep, the big rock face, i almost had it too, then she bounced, i thought i had the clutch pushed but not enough, im thinking i may go back out this sunday and give her another try.. everything looks fine (including the pinion, even though i cant use it..) just waiting for gears now. Not to big of a deal, really, its all a part of wheeling. Pulled the back axle bymyself earlier in about an hour, tomorrow if i dont work late ill pull the calipers, and the shafts and clean stuff up a little

tear down begins

P1010179-1.jpg

P1010180-1.jpg

P1010181-1.jpg

P1010182-1.jpg

P1010183-1.jpg

P1010184-1.jpg

P1010185-1.jpg

almost ready for new gears, it sure is nice to be in a nice warm garage

by the looks of things, it should be looking good by the weekend. New front clip, hatch, tail light, lots of porta power work, some pry bars and hammers. Now time for the body work and paint. Trying to plan out a good looking exo/ tube fenders. Still needs to be the daily driver/ part time wheeler.

cant wait for pics that was a really nice lookin rig! do that halo top and tube fenders those guys out west are using!

by the looks of things, it should be looking good by the weekend. New front clip, hatch, tail light, lots of porta power work, some pry bars and hammers. Now time for the body work and paint. Trying to plan out a good looking exo/ tube fenders. Still needs to be the daily driver/ part time wheeler.

should be pretty sweet when done, post pics

such an optimist!!

dents add character :cool: haha, still a really nice looking jeep!

hehe just keep telling yourself that. i'd rather tell myself dents add characeter than rust, but i'm forced to tell myself that it's rusty dents FTW

I've got a damn good Jeep I guess?

ipkyss- any post weekend developments?

All the hard stuff is done. Windows are in, sides are straight. Body work is done. Roof is the only thing that did not come out perfect. All the way around the outside of the roof is staight, but there is a little wave to the center. Tried many ways to get it out, but its still there. The metal just got streched too much. Only way was to cut and relieve a few spots, and I was not up for that. Either way, it won't be noticable unless you climb up a tire. Should be on the trailer tomarrow going to the paint booth. I hope to be on the way to VT with it Saturday.

wow, that's not bad at all. the damage was relatively significant. can't wait to see pics.

I will be happy to see it togethere again. I was 2 seconds away from making a pickup out of it. Then I remembered my dog goes everywhere with me. The back seat is "his" spot. He was even sitting where the seat should be while I have been working on it. Damn dog is like a kid.

Back