• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Re: New Member from NJ

Thanks everyone...this thing is a lot of fun to drive. Took it out the other day and it didn't miss a beat. I have a feeling i'm going to be in wharton quite a bit, heh...too much fun!

truck looks real clean. i go down to that area a lot for wheeling. there's a ton of trails and the pic makes a perfect place to get lunch. let me know if you want to go wheeling sometime.

nice xj, i always wanted a white one, check out the www.njjeep.org guys, cool guys that wheel alot in the area, let me know when your goin out!

PMing my Email addy...best way to get in touch with me if you're going. Drop me a line so I have yours and I'll let you know when I'm going out.

-S

Nice looking XJ..Good times are ahead..Welcome

...Tubular front bumper (not sure the make/model..any idea?)...
Mine is bigger than yours:laugh3:
I'm in Atco, other side of the drag stip.
Someone mentioned njjeep.org, there are lots of "regulars" hitting the Wharton forest.
Stay in touch, wheeling alone has it's pro's and con's.
You can drive at you own pace, but the woods are lonely when you break down.

Is your PM working yet.

Just noticed the spare tire... bolt it down good. I went over a "small" ridge in Wharton and everything in the luggage area hit me in the back of the head:wow:

677snowday1-med.JPG

Last edited:

It looks like a Daystar Four Real bumper.

Mine is bigger than yours:laugh3:
I'm in Atco, other side of the drag stip.
Someone mentioned njjeep.org, there are lots of "regulars" hitting the Wharton forest.
Stay in touch, wheeling alone has it's pro's and con's.
You can drive at you own pace, but the woods are lonely when you break down.

Is your PM working yet.

Just noticed the spare tire... bolt it down good. I went over a "small" ridge in Wharton and everything in the luggage area hit me in the back of the head:wow:

I don't go crazy when I'm out there alone. I tried helping a family out down near the memorial...they were standing by the road in the pitch black darkness..not fun I'm sure.

PM is working, yes. As for the spare...I'm gonna try and fab a new, longer and beefier bar for the stock spare mount so I can bolt it in there.

It looks like a Daystar Four Real bumper.

Yes, I think you're correct. Thanks!

welcome! good call on the tow hook brackets with d-rings instead of just hooks. also, when you go for the dual battery, MeanGreen makes a nice battery tray for the second battery just to let you know

Thanks for the tip...I'll look into it when it comes time.

Anyone have a CB they are selling? I am wired up already for a Uniden (I think) and I'd like to get one just in case I do get stranded w/o cell service.

Congrats on the new XJ. I saw it listed on Ebay and almost placed a bid myself. (The auction was cancelled on the final day, I guess you picked it up locally...not through Ebay?)

I don't go crazy when I'm out there alone. I tried helping a family out down near the memorial...they were standing by the road in the pitch black darkness..not fun I'm sure.

PM is working, yes. As for the spare...I'm gonna try and fab a new, longer and beefier bar for the stock spare mount so I can bolt it in there.

Yes, I think you're correct. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip...I'll look into it when it comes time.

Anyone have a CB they are selling? I am wired up already for a Uniden (I think) and I'd like to get one just in case I do get stranded w/o cell service.

You can get a nice/small Midland (1001z) or Uniden (510 xl) for around $30 shipped via Amazon. You don't need bigger/more for the trails.

New guy(kinda) from CT.

I thought I would introduce myself here. I picked up an 88 last September and joined here. It was really rusty, more so than I originally thought, hence the name. I drove it all winter and it did well, but I didn't feel comfortable with it as a backup daily driver any more because of me discovering the floors being rotted through and the unibody "rails" being badly rusted. I decided I needed something newer, and nicer. I've been quietly looking for a month or two now, and Wednesday night I finally found it. I went to look at it today and took it home with me. It's a 99 Sport with 140k on the clock. I'll post more pics and details later. I'm pretty hooked on this place now and since I have a Jeep worth working on and living the "Jeep Lifestyle" with, you'll be seeing a lot more of me.

Here's the teaser pics(it needs a wash)
IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

And, the 88 Laredo:
IMG_1953.jpg

Re: New guy(kinda) from CT.

Hi from Lisbon CT

Congrats on the new XJ. I saw it listed on Ebay and almost placed a bid myself. (The auction was cancelled on the final day, I guess you picked it up locally...not through Ebay?)

Yep, went and looked at it and bought it right there...too good to pass up.

You can get a nice/small Midland (1001z) or Uniden (510 xl) for around $30 shipped via Amazon. You don't need bigger/more for the trails.

I ended up getting one of the best Unidens, heh. I was already wired for only a certain couple CBs, and the one I got fit and has weather alerts and lights up and stuff, so I spent a little more $$ than I wanted but I'll have this for a long time so I don't mind really. Thanks for the help though.

NICE RIG! Can't wait to get out wheelin.

I will keep my eyes peeled and will give a shout if I head down.

Im from Central PA middle of no-where, just got my XJ in June, planning things for it now.

Day I got it home:
IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

After Fixing the dents and painting from the lower crease and down with rhino liner, painting flares and a weekend of having some fun:
100_4124.jpg

Back