• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In search of good racks

karstic said:
Well that explains it...not!

Really I'm serious. I can understand if your trying to use the rack as a winch point, but what about just hauling gear and a spare tire?

That's why I'm curious to know how you ripped yours off.

Actually the basket with a 60" hilift and a 33 spare did it in on the drivers side. Just wheelin and using it as a daily driver.

I think the weight of it out in Callico finally finished off the passenger side when I was going through lower doran and ended up on the doors.

Since then, no more rain gutters :(

karstic said:
Well that explains it...not!

Really I'm serious. I can understand if your trying to use the rack as a winch point, but what about just hauling gear and a spare tire?

That's why I'm curious to know how you ripped yours off.
Why do you want to go to a gutter mount? Is there a particular reason for that?

Kejtar said:
Why do you want to go to a gutter mount? Is there a particular reason for that?

He does not have the factory roof rack on his.

Kejtar said:
I think that the holes are still there just capped off and with the nut strip he doesn't have to worry about drilling the nutzerts out.

Nope, no holes, nuthin.

karstic said:
Nope, no holes, nuthin.
Well, get the rack, put it on top of the roof, mark the spots, drill the holes and be done with it :DThe beauty of the rack in question is that it sits fairly close to the roof as well giving you a semi aerodynamic brick :D

karstic said:
gutter mounts?

I thought gutter mounts were for surf racks...

Of course I wouldn't trust a Jeep's gutters to mount surf racks on, the cost of boards right now... :D

--ron

I don't feel like drilling holes in a perfectly good, non-leaking roof!

karstic said:
I don't feel like drilling holes in a perfectly good, non-leaking roof!

If done properly, it will be fine. In a friends truck we did it and then sealed it by crushing a bicycle inner tube between the rack and the body and cut off the excess.

I'd recommend mine, but the darn thing weighs a ton. I still think that if you can, fab up your own, if not the wilderness rack I used to have took quite a beating and held up remarkably well. As far as gutter mounts I have seen the rain gutters get bent and ripped off if you hit something with the roof rack.
Mark

This rack came by my radar today.

And look! Remi is already censoring the posts!

FileHandler.ashx

Avery, can you e-mail me that picture WITHOUT Remi's face on it?

cracker said:
And look! Remi is already censoring the posts!

Remi in Monaco. That boy gets around. :D

--ron

PS: Keep the pic of him without shorts in your personal collection.

Thanks in advance. :D

Back