• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

HaleYes said:
It was a little tight every half turn but not bad. I reused the square nut, just because noone in town had any. I think it'll be fine.

No WTF here. I knew exactly what had happened. I'm 99.9% sure it bent when I extracted the doo-doo bird in that YJ at Winterfest.
I think its more like 100% . All I know is that flucken winch sure is beasty.

HaleYes said:
It was a little tight every half turn but not bad. I reused the square nut, just because noone in town had any. I think it'll be fine.

No WTF here. I knew exactly what had happened. I'm 99.9% sure it bent when I extracted the doo-doo bird in that YJ at Winterfest.
Yeah something about my Jeep in 4lo pulling in reverse, yours with the brakes mashed but still moving forward and the winch still hauling makes me think that's what did it.

Gotta hand it to the TMax or not stalling out or missing a beat.

no one really answered my question? do you want the winch to let loose or the bumper? In the Army, we had a shear point when things were overloaded. We expected that. Granted I was using a 30'000 pound.

specdave said:

Hey, that's my word!

It's not near as beasty as that chainsaw of yours Dave.:looney:

I spot for XRRA Team #302 Branik Motorsports Tony "rosco" Rietdorf...

We placed first this weekend in Attica at the Badlands race...

mac 'this is our rookie season' gyvr

Saw Rick Springfield in St. Charles on saturday night....60 years old and he ROCKED for 2 hours....no slow sings, just solid music. Dude has gotten much better since the 80's. Stayed at the Baker...had a great time.

Then....

Came home to a dead PC, actually has been giving us trouble for a few weeks....

Wife decided she wants a "computer guy" that is married to a friend of ours look at it.

Darn thing will boot, sometimes and run for a few minuites, to a few hours....or it will not even make it thru the BIOS load, often it will fail the POST and give me beep codes.

According to the codes....motherboard.

Oh well....it is in her hands now.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Saw Rick Springfield in St. Charles on saturday night....60 years old and he ROCKED for 2 hours....no slow sings, just solid music. Dude has gotten much better since the 80's. Stayed at the Baker...had a great time.

Then....

Came home to a dead PC, actually has been giving us trouble for a few weeks....

Wife decided she wants a "computer guy" that is married to a friend of ours look at it.

Darn thing will boot, sometimes and run for a few minuites, to a few hours....or it will not even make it thru the BIOS load, often it will fail the POST and give me beep codes.

According to the codes....motherboard.

Oh well....it is in her hands now.

Rev

You didn't tell her to say fawk it and "call Currie"?

Rev Den said:
That's part of the reason I got out of computers. When I was a Comp. Tech major at IUPUI, I was always getting friends and family asking me if I could look at their computers.

Thankfully now technology has surpassed a good amount of my computer knowledge and I can play dumb :dunce:

IllianaXJ said:
That's part of the reason I got out of computers. When I was a Comp. Tech major at IUPUI, I was always getting friends and family asking me if I could look at their computers.

Thankfully now technology has surpassed a good amount of my computer knowledge and I can play dumb :dunce:

I ended up helping my in-laws so much with their computer that they now feel embarassed to ask me for help. Seems like a more permanent solution than playing dumb!!

IllianaXJ said:

My thoughts exactlly.

Dude has the knowledge, runs servers and such for his own company, builds PCs etc. Of course I would want to pay him for the service....but know he will not charge me...blah blah blah.

I do not mind having freinds work on stuff....but I expect to be charged the same rate as anyone else if it is thier buisness.

What gets me is that a year ago I told her that we needed to think about replaceing it....getting old, slow, outdated...etc.

So now that it has died....well....you can guess the rest.

Rev

Too bad he bought a trailer for the Jeep, could have a really nice new computer right now. I plan on paying our "geek" friend. I just trust him more than a stranger.

Sue

PS Rev-WAAAAH

Rev's Susie said:
Too bad he bought a trailer for the Jeep, could have a really nice new computer right now. I plan on paying our "geek" friend. I just trust him more than a stranger.

Sue

PS Rev-WAAAAH
Yea, but trailers last longer than computers.

Well, usually :explosion

wreck006.jpg

Rev's Susie said:

Sue

PS Rev-WAAAAH

Whoa REV you just got in TROUBLE! :D

Locker installs, axle prep, and having to go to the local pick and pull when it is hot as fawk out sucks!! Now time for a few beers.:cheers:

85xjwoody said:
Locker installs, axle prep, and having to go to the local pick and pull when it is hot as fawk out sucks!! Now time for a few beers.:cheers:

So I take it there's nothing left at the pick and pull worth while after you've been there. Which one did you go to so I don't go to the same?

New place in Green Bay is called Grandpa Johns Pick and Pull. There are quite a few cherokees and grand cherokees. Cheap prices too. My 8.8 lsd with 4.10 gears was $99.00.

Kim

Back