• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Case turns 2 on Sept. 11th (yeah weird I know) but the wifey was thinking about a power wheels of some sort, she is a John Deer fan but I am more along the Hurricane line......but I bought my first XJ for less then $500 :D Maybe Case will be the only 2 yr old that has a lifted XJ as a b-day gift ;)

I picked up a blue PW Jeep at Goodwill for $20 last year, just haven't gotten around to putting a battery in it. Caitlyn is old enough now to attempt to drive it, I need to get motivated before the summer is over.

From what I've read, 24V is too much. You start eating up gears and the like. 18V would be good though. I may have to tinker with Barbie. :eek:

I'd take a couple more batteries sometime. I'd guess shipping them would be pretty expensive though.

Polo went in the mail yesterday.:wave1:

Help me in boycotting Anheuser-Busch since they are sellouts to a forgien company.

Drop your beer off at my house & I will dispose of it. We'll teach those bastards! .

Thank you for your support.

IllianaXJ said:
I could get a used car battery from work... hmm......

I remember reading that isn't a good idea. I don't remember the details but it may have had something to do with it being wet cells. Little one has a slight accident, vehicle tips, acid spills........that kind of thing.

I let the company book all my travel this time around ( oh yea I'm in Michigan), fawkers booked me a cadilac STS, gotta love the airconditioning in the seats......this car is pretty bad ass, won't let you do a nuetral drop above 2k though.....

You read my mind after reading that first post.

BRIANHO13 said:
I let the company book all my travel this time around ( oh yea I'm in Michigan), fawkers booked me a cadilac STS, gotta love the airconditioning in the seats......this car is pretty bad ass, won't let you do a nuetral drop above 2k though.....

funny my company car is the same way...in fact in park or neutral it wont let you free rev it above 3k

mac 'don't ever buy a used company car' gyvr

I think it's all newer gm cars, my moms saab 97 (see chevy trailblazer) won't free rev above somewhere between 2-3k. Computer controlled crap pisses me off.

I got my daughter an 04' Pontiac GTS with as supercharger from work.
Once it hit 150,000 miles they had to sell it. So, I got it dirt cheap.
However, I do know the guy and he is a car buff. so he kept it clean and changed the oil, tires, brakes.

BOB

goodburbon said:
I think it's all newer gm cars, my moms saab 97 (see chevy trailblazer) won't free rev above somewhere between 2-3k. Computer controlled crap pisses me off.

An 06 Chevy Colorado will. See post above.

IllianaXJ said:
Good thing I didn't need my winch Saturday. I freespooled the rope all the way out to clean it, and when I went to spool it back in, no go. (Yes I turned the lever back to power in/out).

I can hear the solenoids clicking in the box, but the motor isn't turning. Hopefully TMax tech support can help tomorrow.
After troubleshooting, we determined the ISM (Integrated Solenoid Module) inside the wizard box is bad. $43 + shipping later I *should* have a functioning winch again. Until then the Jeep sits unless I want to drag around 100' of synthetic rope :rolleyes:

Hale - be glad you didn't spring for the super high-tech wireless controller. It's not worth it. I tried to get them to swap mine for a "normal" solenoid box and controller, but they wouldn't since it isn't under warranty anymore.

I don't understand why the wouldn't let you switch. If it was under warranty I could understand that.

I dunno. I went ahead and took the boomer box apart to see what I was getting, and holy crap was it corroded. I had thought it was somewhat water-resistant, but apparently not. It will get a RTV seal when it goes back together.

Back