• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

IllianaXJ said:
After troubleshooting, we determined the ISM (Integrated Solenoid Module) inside the wizard box is bad. $43 + shipping later I *should* have a functioning winch again. Until then the Jeep sits unless I want to drag around 100' of synthetic rope :rolleyes:

Hale - be glad you didn't spring for the super high-tech wireless controller. It's not worth it. I tried to get them to swap mine for a "normal" solenoid box and controller, but they wouldn't since it isn't under warranty anymore.

Wrap the line around your bumper, you're not the first guy to have a broken winch with all of the line spooled out.;)

Just take the rope off of it. It's one bolt for crying out loud!

Caitlyn didn't want you to drive her Jeep anyway.....

fPORT500ML.jpg

Rev

goodburbon said:
What would we want with rover gear anyway?
Exactly why I'm neither in blue nor plugging

Took off my winch today to put a fresh coat of rattle can on the bumper. This is one of the back two bolts that attach the winch to the bumper.
I put 4 new ones in.

100_5229.jpg

HaleYes said:
Took off my winch today to put a fresh coat of rattle can on the bumper. This is one of the back two bolts that attach the winch to the bumper.
I put 4 new ones in.

100_5229.jpg
that pic would be a good debate for a grade 5 bolt vs a grade 8? Do you want the shear(breaking) point on the winch mounting bolts? or the bumper bolts? Please discuss.

I'd rather the winch shear than the bumper.

Of course in my case with the ARB, the winch bolts are a formality since it mounts vertically vs. horizontally on Hales JCR bumper. If something is going to give it would be the bumper on my rig.

Edit: Did the bolt come out easily, or did you have to fight it?

IllianaXJ Edit: Did the bolt come out easily said:
I'd be willing to guess it came right out, but all wobbily, and he said WTF?

IllianaXJ said:
Edit: Did the bolt come out easily, or did you have to fight it?

It was a little tight every half turn but not bad. I reused the square nut, just because noone in town had any. I think it'll be fine.

No WTF here. I knew exactly what had happened. I'm 99.9% sure it bent when I extracted the doo-doo bird in that YJ at Winterfest.

Back