• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Unpleasant weather in the southeastern corner of Minnesota. Some of the area got 3+ inches of rain overnight, and the flooding is only started. Highway 52 between Rochester and the Twin Cities already has at least one "long term" closure as a result of a culvert separating and washing out.

Unpleasant weather in the southeastern corner of Minnesota. Some of the area got 3+ inches of rain overnight, and the flooding is only started. Highway 52 between Rochester and the Twin Cities already has at least one "long term" closure as a result of a culvert separating and washing out.

that sucks. its freaking 85 degrees here in milwaukee.

Right around 70 degrees, and I'm about to bail out from work.

F-250 developed a coolant leak.....just a small one. It is at the dealer now.....

TBC

Rev

Has the radiator been replaced yet?

If not it will be...

mac 'recalled' gyvr

Did hell freeze over? :D

No, I saved up the "hush" money you gave me for your unspeakable indescretions. Next time you plan on doing those things, maybe try going to Tijuana.
Edit: I decided to leave work an hour early to play some golf...I'm out!

Last edited:
This is going to get worse. It's still raining, and both the Big Cannon and Little Cannon rivers are over their banks, significantly higher than during last spring's runoff. I suspect that a lot of folks are going to have wet feet. I may grab my camera and go snap a couple of shots of the falls here in town yet today.

Still raining here too. 2.5" since 7AM. Nice thing about my area is the sandy soil. It does not puddle for long here. Menominee River is higher then I ever remember it being in the past ten years. Might make for an interesting day tomorrow. Get to go to Alger County in the UP tomorrow. Going to be fun due to wind advisory with 40mph sustained and 60mph or more gusts. :passgas:

it rained shy of 5" here through yesterday morning and now it is brewing up another hell of a storm. We were just getting things ready for harvest and now that will be set back at least 2 weeks waiting for the low lying river bottoms to dry out....just like last year..and the year before.... this is begining to be a pattern, and will probably be a drought next year!

It's rained a total of 5 minutes here in the last 8 weeks since I got back. I did see storms on the other side of the valley once or twice, but not here. It's cooled down to around 95 or 100 most days so it's really not too bad out.

I was talking to a gent down at the river tonight. At 0600 this morning, his rain gauge had already overflowed at 6", and another couple of inches fell today. One of the village employees pointed out a marker on a tree in the park, from the 1965 flood here..... 6-8' higher than the current level!

IMG_3668.med.JPG

Rain is predicted through Saturday. Rest of the shots at http://chixjeff.dnsalias.net/CF_Flood_2010

I was talking to a gent down at the river tonight. At 0600 this morning, his rain gauge had already overflowed at 6", and another couple of inches fell today. One of the village employees pointed out a marker on a tree in the park, from the 1965 flood here..... 6-8' higher than the current level!

How's that work? Does that tree not grow?
Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of H20, but how would a marker on a growing tree be a good indicator? Maybe I'm just confused?

Very small marker, just in the bark. Not something that I'd do, but it's about as damaging as a nail or a screw (attachment.)

I do see your point, though (hit ENTER a bit too quickly.) And the gent that I was talking to was standing in the same spot 45 years ago, in 1965 during the flood.

Very small marker, just in the bark. Not something that I'd do, but it's about as damaging as a nail or a screw (attachment.)

I was thinking that the marker would move up the tree as the tree grew. I wasn't playing treehugger.:D I've built many deer stands with 2x4's and a coffee can of big ol' nails.

Flood warnings here and in surrounding counties. Some friends places back home near Green Bay got flooded out. Lots of water, wasn't really a bad storm just steady for a few hours. If Stevens Point wasn't so sandy it'd be bad because it's so flat. Just got home and it's still raining!

Gonna start donating plasma to fund a lift for the Jeep for WF. Can't wait!

Looks like the 6.5 is going to need a clutch in the future. Might as well go through the tranny while it's out also, it has always ground a bit going into third since I've had it.

Always something!

Looks like the 6.5 is going to need a clutch in the future. Might as well go through the tranny while it's out also, it has always ground a bit going into third since I've had it.

Always something!

Story of my life.

Back