• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

explored a few palces on our farm today that we had not ever had a chance to get back in to. Pretty cool and found some "treasures" while we were back there. There used to be an old home and barn back there 20-30 years ago and they had been dozed into a ditch and covered up. We found some cool old items. Also brought the 4 wheelers to the inlaws this evening and went riding around down there while my brother in law was in town for a few days. Had a great time and Case rode the wheels off his new little quad. Good times and a beautiful day outside to enjoy it all in.

explored a few palces on our farm today that we had not ever had a chance to get back in to. Pretty cool and found some "treasures" while we were back there. There used to be an old home and barn back there 20-30 years ago and they had been dozed into a ditch and covered up. We found some cool old items. Also brought the 4 wheelers to the inlaws this evening and went riding around down there while my brother in law was in town for a few days. Had a great time and Case rode the wheels off his new little quad. Good times and a beautiful day outside to enjoy it all in.

Sounds like a fun day. It was crappy here this morning but got to be pretty decent.

I did a "cheap" brake job and ended up having a spring snap on the road.....not a good thing.

On another subject......I am willing to listen to ANY offer for my ATV. 2002 Suzuki Eiger 4X2, 400CC

Rev

Got back from the weekend in Gatlinburg. 24 people, 21 of who were from fort wayne rented a cabin in the woods...on a moutain.

2.5 hours to go 16 miles to leave on Sunday afternoon was a little wacked tho.

Rev they recalled all those radiatiors...kind of...if you have a problem with it, they replace it. Do you do your own oil changes? There is a litmus test that is required of the coolant every time you change the oil.

mac 'badlands this weekend' gyvr

Nope....Ford does the maintenance. I knew about the radiators, Ford confirmed it when I picked it up.

On another note....walked 10 miles today in and around NOLA, in the Vibram five fingers. Tomorrow I drive.

Rev

walked 10 miles today in and around NOLA, in the Vibram five fingers.

Rev
How do you like them?
I'm a firm believer in the barefoot running thing.

Nope....Ford does the maintenance. I knew about the radiators, Ford confirmed it when I picked it up.
Rev

warranty claims seem to be easier when you do your maintenance through the dealer.

i'm gonna let them change my fuel filters the next time...that one on the frame is a pita...

mac 'due for a tranny...service' gyvr

just got done putting the smack down on the seasons first batch of "Sleep Alone Chili".....man it was soooo good, and it is gonna be soooo bad :passgas:

I've found sometimes that just loosening the shoes to remove any friction in the back is not enough. You might as well back the adjuster all the way off because some people let their drums wear too far and there is a groove in them from the shoes and will not slide past the shoe.

My buddy and I started working on his drums on his Ranger last night. One side popped right off, the other appears to be hung on the groove. So apparently they aren't wearing at anywhere close to the same rate.

Then there was a discrepancy about which way to spin the adjuster to loosen the shoes. End result, now the drum can't move, and the teeth are starting to round off on the adjuster. Probably going to change drums anyway, so... cutoff wheel?

Plugged in my engine block heater for the first time last night, just to make sure the thing worked. It's pretty nice to actually defrost the windows before I get to work, and also not going deaf from how loud the 7.3 is when it's cold. This might be the next best thing to having a real garage.

I was just thinking it's about time to string the extension cord out for the ol' Chevy. It is a lot happier in the colder temps when it is plugged in. I keep a cord in the toolbox and both of us at work have cords ran out the shop to plug them in during the cold winter days.

Sorta live from Atlanta (give me coffee and no one gets hurt.)

I won't bother plugging in my CTD until it's below freezing. And while it will start down to -20 F, it sure is a lot happier if it's plugged in.

One of my coworkers just showed me an online ad posted by one of his buddies. YJ with an LT1 and a 700r4. Ad says the engine has been in for 13 years and 20k miles. The picture shows a YJ on stock tires. The capper? "Dana 44 from a Grand Cherokee." He asked me if it was worth $8,500. Not in my opinion with an aluminum rear end.

CONGRATS to WrenchMonkey and chaz_88_MJ on being this quarters Membership Growth and Enhancemnt raffle winners!! next drawing will be held at the end of December.

Winners will receive a new CB kit, recovery strap, clevises, MWC sticker and possibly a few "surprise items".

In December we will be having a "Grand Prize" as well that all members names will be entered into, so stay tuned for the announcement of that item, b/c trust me, all the cool kids will want it...hell, everyone I know will want it regardless of their cool factor..maybe even Dan Wheeler too?! :D

CONGRATS to WrenchMonkey and chaz_88_MJ on being this quarters Membership Growth and Enhancemnt raffle winners!! next drawing will be held at the end of December.

Winners will receive a new CB kit, recovery strap, clevises, MWC sticker and possibly a few "surprise items".

In December we will be having a "Grand Prize" as well that all members names will be entered into, so stay tuned for the announcement of that item, b/c trust me, all the cool kids will want it...hell, everyone I know will want it regardless of their cool factor..maybe even Dan Wheeler too?! :D

Too bad that extree cool factor won't make Dan any cooler...:wave:

That is a reference to Sling Blade. "I'd take some more of that potted meat if you got any extree, hmmmm."

Tried breakfast at Subway this morning..........don't waste your time.

Tried breakfast at Subway this morning..........don't waste your time.

I tried it once as well..and that is all it took.

I eat breakfast at the local coffee chop/diner and a western omlet that is about 2# of goodness is under $4.....and my cholesteral is that multiplied by 175 :D

Mustard & biscuits, I don't grok (I really don't care for mustard.) Now, biscuits, sausage gravy, couple of eggs with hot sauce.... or a couple of eggs, slice of ham and red-eye gravy... there's something that the South should be proud of. Dammit, now I'm hungry again.

Back