• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I just saw the "standard" features had brakes on one axle...I figure you would buy it right and it sure looks like you have.

If your stuff is good to go for Moab this year (which you keep saying it is :) ) then I expect to see you at Winterfest.

mac 'no excuses' gyvr
Fortunately, da Heep is in running shape (gotta throw the front driveshaft in, and reinstall the belly skid.) Deb & I are planning on getting to Moab with or without the rear D44.

US safety agency to investigate 3 million Jeep Grand Cherokees over reports of gas tank fires

all this over three deaths a year.
I smell the work of a Community Organiser.

BOB

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-in...13.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=6&asset=&ccode=

maybe consumer reports or dateline will do a test...

did you read the comments to the story? this one is the best.
"I propose they get 100 Jeeps, one for each Senator - and with said Senator buckeled in said Jeep - ram a a semi truck in the back of the Jeep at 100mph and see if there is a gas tank problem or not."

why is this even an issue???

mac 'more waste' gyvr

Fortunately, da Heep is in running shape (gotta throw the front driveshaft in, and reinstall the belly skid.) Deb & I are planning on getting to Moab with or without the rear D44.

Good!

mac 'make your attica plans in march too!' gyvr

I know IL requires brakes on all axles for any trailer over 2,000 lbs

At 3000 pounds one axle is minimum but it "must be adequate to stop the towed vehicle." there in lies the second and or third axle.
You can buy trailers that only have breaks on one axle and they are 100% legal.

Bugger. Knew there was something bugging me about that trailer. All of the tie-down points are on the sides, none fore or aft. Time to add a few D-rings at the end crossmembers.

US safety agency to investigate 3 million Jeep Grand Cherokees over reports of gas tank fires.

I rolled my GC, and the filler neck didn't "tear", full tank of gas too. Maybe I can blame Chrysler and not take any responsibility? :D

Last edited:
Started my junk this morning, first time I turned it over since I backed it off the trailer July 4th.

started right up.

I loves my Renix.

Bugger. Knew there was something bugging me about that trailer. All of the tie-down points are on the sides, none fore or aft. Time to add a few D-rings at the end crossmembers.

my trailer has tie downs fore and aft, but not on the sides.
I feel like it is top heavy. especially when changing lanes,
or on long curves.
I feel like it isn't tied down as secure as I want it.
I really feel top heavy when exiting on a sharp turn.

BOB

Off sick leave...

Filled the YJ up today...

17.1 mpg...pretty happy with that, mix of mostly city with a bit of hwy, 4.0 5sp and 3.07s gears 140k who knows when the last tune up was...

mac 'never had any of my xj's break 15mpg' gyvr

my trailer has tie downs fore and aft, but not on the sides.
I feel like it is top heavy. especially when changing lanes,
or on long curves.
I feel like it isn't tied down as secure as I want it.
I really feel top heavy when exiting on a sharp turn.

BOB
I'm planning on adding anchors through the crossmembers just inboard of the tires. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cross the rear straps, haven't decided if I'm going to cross the front straps. Only, and tie down to the axles, not the body.

I'm planning on adding anchors through the crossmembers just inboard of the tires. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cross the rear straps, haven't decided if I'm going to cross the front straps. Only, and tie down to the axles, not the body.

Thats what I do, cross the back and tie to the axles.

mac 'let the suspension work' gyvr

Best I ever got with my 94 XJ was ~23 mpg in bone stock form, on a long 60 mph run across da YooPee, with minimal stops.

this was stolen from another Jeep site....too funny.

BOB

George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell.

While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for. The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.

Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars, so Putin writes him a check.

Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she is finished the devil informs her that the cost is 6 million dollars, so she writes him a check.

Finally George Bush gets his turn and talks for 4 hours. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is $5.00.

When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA so cheaply.

The devil smiles and replies: "Since Obama took over, the country has gone to hell, so it's a local call."

most of my xj's have broke 15mpg.... my old 2000 pulled 20mpg on the highway

I got 20.2 on the way to Harlan, until i got into the hills then it dropped to 18. This is according to my scan gauge that is calibrated for larger tires.

this was stolen from another Jeep site....too funny.

BOB

George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell.

While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for. The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.

Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars, so Putin writes him a check.

Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she is finished the devil informs her that the cost is 6 million dollars, so she writes him a check.

Finally George Bush gets his turn and talks for 4 hours. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is $5.00.

When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA so cheaply.

The devil smiles and replies: "Since Obama took over, the country has gone to hell, so it's a local call."

IMHO, the country went to hell via Florida in 2004.
But I digress, as this is a subject for another section...

just installed a powertrax locker in my buddys ranger.....on the sidewalk in front of the apartment. the neighbors hate us. :cheers:

some cute University of Kentucky girls had dinner and drinks with us this evening down by campus,,,,,I have to remember that I am a married 34 year old fat dude...not an 18 year old trapped in a 34 yr olds body! they were just looking for some sugar daddys tp buy their dinner and drinks and we fell for it hook, line and sinker! damn they were cute...and way too young (but still perfectly legal!)

Back