• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

A blind one armed monkey can solider..............I'm just sayn'.........

:D

Why I oughta! :laugh3:

finally red again!!!

Welcome back................I figured you went back to JF or something! :D You need to remember to fold those damn mirrors in when you aren't towing the boat! :laugh3:

:roflmao: fair enough :anon:

you're really comparing him to a blind one-armed monkey though!? That's just harsh!

He won't know what to do once I get my tooth fixed. Once again hale, STFU! :moon: :looser:

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I've never seen those before. I bet those work good.
I'll have to see if I can find some locally before I heat up the soldering gun. I've got a Klien stripper/crimper that'll do the trick.

Thanks Jeff!:cheers:
Me, I'd just order from Parts Express. IIRC, they're in OH, you should have your bits in a day or 2. And, yes, they do work quite well. I've got splices under the hood of my XJ with these things that are 6+ years old, with no signs of corrosion.

Me, I'd just order from Parts Express. IIRC, they're in OH, you should have your bits in a day or 2. And, yes, they do work quite well. I've got splices under the hood of my XJ with these things that are 6+ years old, with no signs of corrosion.

If I didn't need the trailer any time soon I'd do the same. It's got a load to haul on Thursday and, need to be road ready.

I may just use the regular old butt splice crimp on's and then use the adhesive lined shrink tube on them.

That'd certainly be an alternative. I've seen the filled heat shrink style butt connectors on the shelf in local auto parts shops, but at a definite premium.

If any one is looking for a good used trailer, there is one around the corner from me. It isn;t much to look at, but it is only $300.00!
The tires are good but it will need new deck wood, at least.
If you are in NO.IL or SO.WI, I can send you a the addy.

I just scored a real nice tow dolly for $350.00!

I use a small butane torch to shrink them, the ones that have the heat sensitive glue inside that seals them up.

make sure you use a crimper and not the needle nose pliers, it makes all the difference.
I absolutely love those. I use em when I don't want to screw around with a soldering iron. Make sure you use a GOOD lever crimper, not the stupid 7 dollar pliers-like crimper from autozone, and those wires will never ever pull out.

Home Depot has them in the lighting/wiring aisle in slightly larger bulk packs, that's where I usually get mine though I'll probably order a 100pack of each size butt splice from waytek or terminal supply co sometime soon.

He won't know what to do once I get my tooth fixed. Once again hale, STFU! :moon: :looser:
your tooth? you only got one? :gee:

:eyes::anon::jester:

Soldering may be brittle but in the end its much cleaner than a butt connector. Each have their place but I think as long as its not going to be constantly moved solder will hold up just fine. I have installed car stereos in many vehicles over the past few years and soldering the wires makes it much cleaner looking than any kind of connector. I have a little butane soldering iron thy works well but I need to spring for a good one.

So, an important lesson learned.

Gold Bond is not regular talcum powder, do not use it as such, or you will have strange tingly sensations.

Yes he does, and IT is broken!

Actually the rest of my tooth was removed. Didn't have $1100 handy while I was laid off to get the implant placed. So once the jawbone heals and my dental premium limit resets and I pay them $1100 I will have it fixed! And Ken I'm only missing one...of course its a front one. These jerks are having fun at my expense is all! :D

So, an important lesson learned.

Gold Bond is not regular talcum powder, do not use it as such, or you will have strange tingly sensations.

Now see, that's the whole reason that I use Gold Bond.......the tingly sensations.

started on my new 2dr today. almost got the engine out before calling it a night. the whole time i noticed that there was a "poop" smell. later i found a pile of cat turds under the jeep. i swear to god almight im gonna kill those damn cats. they once pooped on my 72 duster. im thinking the calico one will make a nice purse. or hat.

Actually the rest of my tooth was removed. Didn't have $1100 handy while I was laid off to get the implant placed. So once the jawbone heals and my dental premium limit resets and I pay them $1100 I will have it fixed! And Ken I'm only missing one...of course its a front one. These jerks are having fun at my expense is all!

fixed your smiley for you :D

Actually the rest of my tooth was removed. Didn't have $1100 handy while I was laid off to get the implant placed. So once the jawbone heals and my dental premium limit resets and I pay them $1100 I will have it fixed! And Ken I'm only missing one...of course its a front one. These jerks are having fun at my expense is all! :D
wow, that sucks.

And yeah people have fun at my expense all the time, I just roll with it :dunno:

If any one is looking for a good used trailer, there is one around the corner from me. It isn;t much to look at, but it is only $300.00!

How big? Wanna look into it for me?

wow, that sucks.

And yeah people have fun at my expense all the time, I just roll with it :dunno:
Oh really?

Do you have a handicap or physical deformity that we need to know about?

:jester:

Actually....

crimp a non-insulted butt connector, then solder it, then heat shrink. Aftermarket crimp on connectors alone are NOT OEM approved for electrical connectors.

Rev

Back