• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Actually....

crimp a non-insulted butt connector, then solder it, then heat shrink.

We have a winner. That's what I'll do.

Oh really?

Do you have a handicap or physical deformity that we need to know about?

:jester:

Oh yeah, they make fun of me for my physical handicap too Ken! I don't know why I like these guys so much! :laugh3:

You get all the wiring in and I can solder them Friday night. I may not be good at much but that's one thing I can do well. I figure I can help you out since there will be a lot of stuff of mine in your truck bed this weekend. :D

I appreciate the offer but the garage is a mess and the trailer won't fit inside the garage (with the door closed), so I would have to get it done within a day. And I would need to fix the rough edges on all the holes, put in grommets and actually run the wire before you get here on Friday. Would like to do some bling LEDs at the same time as well as a toolbox and adding a battery to run the winch on it.

What do I look like, a guy who's not lazy?

Now see, that's the whole reason that I use Gold Bond.......the tingly sensations.

They were not the pleasant tingly sensations.

started on my new 2dr today. almost got the engine out before calling it a night. the whole time i noticed that there was a "poop" smell. later i found a pile of cat turds under the jeep. i swear to god almight im gonna kill those damn cats. they once pooped on my 72 duster. im thinking the calico one will make a nice purse. or hat.

.22+CCI subsonics+3x9 scope=no more cat problem ;)

fixed your smiley for you :D

bwahhaahaa

How big? Wanna look into it for me?

You really should phrase your questions better, asking Sean how big it is is a recipe for disaster. He's looking into it for me, so we're going to have to go thunderdome on it.

Oh yeah, they make fun of me for my physical handicap too Ken! I don't know why I like these guys so much! :laugh3:

oh stop being so sensitive about it, nancy boy.

you wouldn't know what to do if we were polite and nice. It'd be some kind of bizzaro world.

No physical handicaps other than getting hammered once in a while :dunno:

.22+CCI subsonics+3x9 scope=no more cat problem ;)
Hey now, we don't talk about gutting or otherwise modifying cats on this site :nono: :D

You really should phrase your questions better, asking Sean how big it is is a recipe for disaster. He's looking into it for me, so we're going to have to go thunderdome on it.

Touche, but now that you've taken it out of context its even worse. At least I didn't throw anything out there about chicken vs. beef.

No physical handicaps other than getting hammered once in a while :dunno:

Hey now, we don't talk about gutting or otherwise modifying cats on this site :nono: :D

I don't gut them or modify them in any way, I just put a small drain hole so the liquids can come out.
You watch Rules of Engagement?

no, should I? Obviously so if they're referencing Mad Max

Touche, but now that you've taken it out of context its even worse. At least I didn't throw anything out there about chicken vs. beef.

I think it would have been worse if you had reference beef in the same statement.

87 "who run bartertown" manche

Looks like the tonsils are coming out...should be fun at 32 years old...

Scheduling a date now...

mac 'size of golf balls' gyvr

oh stop being so sensitive about it, nancy boy.

you wouldn't know what to do if we were polite and nice. It'd be some kind of bizzaro world.

Being sensitive? Shuddup Nate! :D I would let you guys know if you really offended me, which I doubt anyone will anyways. Most likely it'd be a big f you! :laugh3:

Looks like the tonsils are coming out...should be fun at 32 years old...

Scheduling a date now...

mac 'size of golf balls' gyvr
negatory

disinfect them with mass quantities of alcohol :cheers:

Quit fighting boys, the trailer is gone.

Thanks again!
Are you sure you don't mind storing it for a couple of days?
I still can't believe you talked him down to $250 for me! I owe you one!
I'll be able to pick it up Saturday.

Thanks again!
Are you sure you don't mind storing it for a couple of days?
I still can't believe you talked him down to $250 for me! I owe you one!
I'll be able to pick it up Saturday.

you a funny guy!
seriously though, if anyone sees a trailer deal post up. I need to find something to haul my junk on. It doesn't need to be pretty, I can rewire it, just solid frame and good axles.

Looks like they'll be looking at taking mine (tonsils) out for sleep apnea reasons. I can't wait till they figure out what the issue is there.

Though my hip was worse news, some extra piece of bone and a tear in something. That also explains a lot.

x2 on the trailer.

you a funny guy!
seriously though, if anyone sees a trailer deal post up. I need to find something to haul my junk on. It doesn't need to be pretty, I can rewire it, just solid frame and good axles.

I couldn't resist.........

My rewire job is nearing completion. That adhesive lined shrink tube is the shiz-nit! Would have been nice to have some of the step-down butt splice connectors but, I made do. Definetly putting little butane torch on my want list. There was just enough wind that a lighter wouldn't stay lit.
The only other thing I had to use was MAP gas............WAY overkill but, it worked as long as I was careful.

Last edited:
you want one of the clicky pistol grip torches with the electronic ignition. Make sure it will take refills from a regular butane bottle, and not need some BS fuel cell you have to buy. It's way handy for heatshrink.

I found a grill lighter at home depot thats refillable butane torch, it's got a big gooseneck and an LED built into it, labeled bernzomatic, it's super handy for under dash wiring.

One week till I leave the Midwest for the drive back to Las Vegas! Camping in Black Hills, Badlands, Yellowstone, and Manti-La Sal National Forests along the way, 8 nights total. Hope the Jeep holds together, it's going to be 2600 miles, 44 hours of driving through 12 states.

One last day of wheeling at Haspin on Sunday, and then GOODBYE OHIO!!!

Last edited:
Back