• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Took the jeep on its first run since the chop this weekend:

34502_144661515548329_1446441588833.jpg

You have a sick obsession with mud Travis.

Took the jeep on its first run since the chop this weekend:

34502_144661515548329_1446441588833.jpg
Is this place right off of Rt45 with a big "Mud Bog" sign in orange spray bomb?

This place was somewhere over by Toledo. There was a huge turn out for the "Jeeping for the Cure" run and we raised a good amount of money. Will definately try to be more involved with it next year.

Around here they use old buses to haul melons from the fields to market. They cut the window frames out and have one big opening to throw the melons in.

around here they use them in the cabbage fields.

They cut the tops completely off, leave about 5 rows of seats and flatbed the rest.

convertible buses are frightening on the road.

Started re-wiring the trailer today. It worked when we got it but, it wasn't wired up very well at all. Got all of the new lights mounted, and new wire ran. Hope to solider all the connections and brake wires tomarrow.

No more wire nuts!;)

Started re-wiring the trailer today. It worked when we got it but, it wasn't wired up very well at all. Got all of the new lights mounted, and new wire ran. Hope to solider all the connections and brake wires tomarrow.

No more wire nuts!;)

Hey, wanna come rewire mine when you're done? It's done pretty half-assed, right before the Redbird trip I discovered that the rough, plasma burnt holes in the frame were tearing up the wires pretty bad.

You get a kit for all of the wiring or do you have a hookup for that? :D. Somewhere that you can bill it as R&D?

Hey, wanna come rewire mine when you're done? It's done pretty half-assed, right before the Redbird trip I discovered that the rough, plasma burnt holes in the frame were tearing up the wires pretty bad.

You get a kit for all of the wiring or do you have a hookup for that? :D. Somewhere that you can bill it as R&D?

You get all the wiring in and I can solder them Friday night. I may not be good at much but that's one thing I can do well. I figure I can help you out since there will be a lot of stuff of mine in your truck bed this weekend. :D

You get all the wiring in and I can solder them Friday night. I may not be good at much but that's one thing I can do well. I figure I can help you out since there will be a lot of stuff of mine in your truck bed this weekend. :D

A blind one armed monkey can solider..............I'm just sayn'.........

:D

Yeah, but can he solder WELL?

Soldering is an acquired skill, just like welding... chinese child laborers can't do either!

Ken 'been an electronics nerd with a soldering iron for 15 years now" Stein

Actually, I did buy a kit. It's a 4flat kit but, that's no big deal to change. I was going to go with the bling LED's but, I decided that it wasn't worth the cash. I can get all of the incadecent bulbs that I need. I did add some amber side markers and a rear 3 light ID bar. I got some light guards that go around the stop/turn/tails too. I basically just wanted the color coded wire and the lights in the kit. I don't plan on using the cheapo connector wire splice thingies that came with it. My wire actually came up a little short on the right side, I'll have to add some wire to it so it's long enough.

I would have had most of the connections done today but, my solidering gun wouldn't cooperate for some reason.

Yeah, but can he solder WELL?

Soldering is an acquired skill, just like welding... chinese child laborers can't do either!

Ken 'been an electronics nerd with a soldering iron for 15 years now" Stein

Hey, STFU!
I'm pickin' on Aaron here!

:spin1:

Hey, STFU!
I'm pickin' on Aaron here!

:spin1:
:roflmao: fair enough :anon:

you're really comparing him to a blind one-armed monkey though!? That's just harsh!

:roflmao: fair enough :anon:

you're really comparing him to a blind one-armed monkey though!? That's just harsh!

You're right, I should have said toothless monkey just to make it fair...........

Lord, I appologize.......and be with the starving pigmys down there in New Guinea.

Actually, soldered connections are somewhat brittle. An easier option for a lotta folks are filled crimp style butt connectors that are covered in heatshrink tubing. A bit pricy, but crimp and heat 'em up with a cigarette lighter, and done.

The tow rig looks a little different...

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Don't worry, the Jeep is next on the list. A trailer is in the works, looking at maybe getting a loan for a trailer since I am paying alot extra on the truck loan.

AJ and I are working on some plans for a rear 4-link for the XJ and a tire carrier to match the front bumper. (Possibly full-width axles too)

Actually, soldered connections are somewhat brittle. An easier option for a lotta folks are filled crimp style butt connectors that are covered in heatshrink tubing. A bit pricy, but crimp and heat 'em up with a cigarette lighter, and done.

I use a small butane torch to shrink them, the ones that have the heat sensitive glue inside that seals them up.

make sure you use a crimper and not the needle nose pliers, it makes all the difference.

Back