• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

We live on a court, so the plows do not come by until about a week after it snows. It's a total sheet of ice out there. My clueless coworkers think, since I have four wheel drive, I am all set. Lot of good on ice.
You mean you don't have an "ice" button on the LR?

:D

that doesnt sound like fun!

last year when we had our big snow, classes were cancelled (first time since 1979) i woke up around 5 got in the jeep and drove all over campus before the IU plows were out. It was a lot of fun. Making fresh tracks in the roads where some of the smaller pickup plows were getting stuck.

Then i figured since i am probably one of the few people to be able to get around town, i called the hospital and asked if there were any nurses/doctors that couldnt get to work. I picked up a couple nurses (guy and a mom, sorry guys haha) that lived way out on the edge of town where plows probably wouldnt get to until the next week and picked them up and took them to the hospital. Gotta love the XJ :clap:
There's a huge difference between dry/cold snow and wet/warm snow. Once the temp drops below around 25 degrees, the snow is a lot drier, and doesn't melt when packed (obviously, more so the colder it gets.)

I spent 30 minutes outside this morning at 10 degrees blowing the better part of a foot of drifted snow, and my pant legs weren't even wet.

We live on a court, so the plows do not come by until about a week after it snows. It's a total sheet of ice out there. My clueless coworkers think, since I have four wheel drive, I am all set. Lot of good on ice.
"Repeat after me! Four wheel drive does not make me immune to the laws of physics!"

Still no snow here. It is about 50* and very windy! I'm in a 26000 lbs armored truck and it is swaying like a boat when I'm stopped. I wish it would just snow already. Ryan (my 3yo boy) is so excited to play in it!

hope ya dont wet the bed if ya spring a leak in your "radiator" :D

Plastic sheets, Tyler. C'mon and gimme a little credit. This ain't my first rodeo.

Big jeep+lots of snow= lots of fun!!! Our roads around here are pretty much impassible. Trucks and cars stuck in the middle of the road. Kindof pisses them off when I go by them in the ditch:D No need to shovel the driveway, it is full of vehicles.:thumbup:

LOLOL...that's funny. I scared the sh*t out of my older daughter yesterday. Some pecker head pulls in front of me from a side-street. His car is full of snow except where his windshields wipers are and then he puts the brakes on. What a dumb @ss!!! so I flew past him with snow kickin up from all four wheels while driving along the ditch side. My older daughter was with me grabbin the "oh-sh*t" handles ......LOLOLOL

BOB

Sent off for my LTCP( Lifetime carry permit) Today. Hopefully, the ISP sends it back quick!

Shooting it and taking it to the range are very different things. It is not that hard to do with out a permit, it just is much easier.

Precisely. If I had a place Like Jims(ILLXJ) Moms house to shoot it I would have already did it!

Just talked to Byron. He's put 200 miles on the "new" truck and it's running like a top. He said he's got 6hrs. to go.

Back