• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Geez. I bought my XJ over 12 years ago.

December 21st will be 10 years of owning my original XJ...

mac 'its changed a little' gyvr

December 21st will be 10 years of owning my original XJ...

mac 'its changed a little' gyvr
What's left of that XJ? The glove box door? :D

Almost forgot.... -6 F on the way to work this morning.

I enjoyed my walk to Campus today, sunny, 0*F w/windchill to make it feel -17*F... I've been on campus for an hour and still can't feel my ears...

tomorrow I am headed out to Walcott CB Shop for a CB radio and
antenna. Going to have them install it into my F-150. I will report back.

http://www.walcottcb.com/infopages.php

BOB

pics! i always like to see how cb antennas are installed on newer vehicles without damaging the vehicle...

mac 'i have custom bracket on the diesel' gyvr

What's left of that XJ? The glove box door? :D

A pillar to C pillar minus the doors...the dash minus the original stereo and steering wheel and yes the glove box door...not one lick of the original drivetrain is left anymore...the trans was the last holdout a couple of year ago when i burnt it up...

mac 'after the last TREC race the dash is ready to fall out' gyvr

x2... I like the roof mount idea since it gives you a good ground plane, but drilling up through the roof is pretty unappealing.

Where do you mount yours at macgyvr?

Though that plan will be on hold anyways. Tahoe was struggling a lot in the cold this morning, making some crying noises at idle. Now I have a CEL on... and the fun begins.

My blower fan made some nasty noises this morning when I went to deliver kids. It quit after about 45 seconds or so.

My blower fan made some nasty noises this morning when I went to deliver kids. It quit after about 45 seconds or so.
Quit making noise after 45 seconds, or just plain quit?

Where do you mount yours at macgyvr?

this is the best pic i could find real quick of my mount...

DSCF0494.jpg

if you look at the driver's side front of the bed you can see the antenna and the bracket.

its a k40 antenna and the base is mounted so that the antenna can be removed for the car wash...

i ran the wire down between the bed and cab, under the cab and then into the firewall...

mac 'breaker breaker 1-9' gyvr

It sure is nice having the heated shop to park the rigs in at night compared to years back. The only thing that kind of sucks is when the snow and mud melt off over night and leave a wet/muddy mess on the floor, but the floor drains are working as they should for the most part. I can handle squeeging the floor a few times and having a warm frost/snow free vehicle to get in each day! :D

It sure is nice having the heated shop to park the rigs in at night compared to years back. The only thing that kind of sucks is when the snow and mud melt off over night and leave a wet/muddy mess on the floor, but the floor drains are working as they should for the most part. I can handle squeeging the floor a few times and having a warm frost/snow free vehicle to get in each day! :D

I'm not allowed to park the company car in the heated garage...however, if we get more than a few inches of snow, I have been known to park it in there for a "while"...

mac 'they won't let us install remote start either' gyvr

pics! i always like to see how cb antennas are installed on newer vehicles without damaging the vehicle...

mac 'i have custom bracket on the diesel' gyvr

that is exactly why I am going to them for the install. I have several ideas for the antenna mount. I can't make up my mind. I Figured they'd have some good suggestions. then, fugg it, sit back have cup of coffee and let them install it.

BOB

This is our second year at work with a heated underground garage.
this in itself is a perk. Summer and WInter.

BOB

Flex id jump on that. I kinda like the zjs. It looks pretty good. Id definently go look it over real good first though.

I Like ZJ's too especially ones with V8's! :D The only problems I see are that it needs a new trackbar and I am going to put new spiders in the rear because I am NOT running a welded rear (especially on the D35 that is in it)! I also have to buy 33's for it now, he got rid of those. So It will look goofy for a while riding on 31's. It also has 3.73s in it so That helps a little. I am gonna try to go look at it after work today.

He also dropped the price 500 bucks! :yelclap:

I Like ZJ's too especially ones with V8's! :D The only problems I see are that it needs a new trackbar and I am going to put new spiders in the rear because I am NOT running a welded rear (especially on the D35 that is in it)! I also have to buy 33's for it now, he got rid of those. So It will look goofy for a while riding on 31's. It also has 3.73s in it so That helps a little. I am gonna try to go look at it after work today.

He also dropped the price 500 bucks! :yelclap:

Yeah Id ditch the welded spiders. It sucks that he got rid of the tires but he also dropped the price. Still looks good though.

It sucks that he got rid of the tires but he also dropped the price. Still looks good though.

Meh, you didn't want to daily-drive TSLs anyway.

Get a second-hand set of BFGs, and trim up that stinger, and it'll make a pretty tough machine!

Good find!

Robert

(I shot off that receipt on my way home last night, good luck with it!)

Meh, you didn't want to daily-drive TSLs anyway.

Get a second-hand set of BFGs, and trim up that stinger, and it'll make a pretty tough machine!

Good find!

Robert

(I shot off that receipt on my way home last night, good luck with it!)

Thanks Robert and i was gonna trade the TSL's anyways! Now I am a couple hundred dollars short in receipts that I know I had. I think a couple may still be in the glovebox of the XJ. That stinger is going to get stung with a sawzall for sure. That thing is huge. Gonna try to score some 33's if I get it. Who wants a Surco for 175 bucks or who has 33's for the Surco rack plus cash? :D

Last edited:
Are you sure it's a 35? The D44a was introduced mid-year in 95 w/ the V8 and standard w/ all V8s after that.

Yeah thats what he told me. I will look at it. He has built a lot of Jeeps around here that I see on a daily basis and I hope he knows what axle it has under it! All of which have a welded rear! :eek: I'll report back with what I find tomorrow night. This just in, It has a 242 in it instead of the 249 I don't feel so bad about the welded rear now.

Scratch that, just heard that the 249 is going back in it tonight. Not so interested anymore! FML!

Last edited:
Back