• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Check your coils to see if they are iced up; maybe you can thaw it out.

We had ours replaced 2 summers ago and it was ~$700 for a new outside unit :eek:

I had 4 leaf springs from Rusty's on the porch when I got home, looks like the Waggy will be sitting taller soon :D

Check your coils to see if they are iced up; maybe you can thaw it out.

We had ours replaced 2 summers ago and it was ~$700 for a new outside unit :eek:

I had 4 leaf springs from Rusty's on the porch when I got home, looks like the Waggy will be sitting taller soon :D

You gonna run that on trail 21? It might end up looking like the Xterra! :D Hopefully next time you got the XJ going! :cheers:

I will be extatic if I can get it replaced for 700 but I am going to go ahead and do it all.....I am guessing 4-5k. heres hoping someone does 3-4 years no intrest.

I will be extatic if I can get it replaced for 700 but I am going to go ahead and do it all.....I am guessing 4-5k. heres hoping someone does 3-4 years no intrest.

This is one of those times where it pays to have a "diversified portfolio" of friends. Relatives are good too.:D

Wow. We only had to replace the outside unit, the POs of the house had put in a new furnace/central air unit inside before they sold the house.

How clean is the condenser, make sure not full of leafs or grass clippings. Sounds like it might be a little low on freon, but always check the easy stuff before paying someone to come out.

I'm nearly done getting stuff out in the detached garage (okay, mancave...) Found a can coozie from Rusty's that I got with my original 3" lift........ 10 YEARS AGO.

How clean is the condenser, make sure not full of leafs or grass clippings. Sounds like it might be a little low on freon, but always check the easy stuff before paying someone to come out.

It won't hurt it to flush it out with water Brian.....
High volume, low pressure.
I used to help maintian over 100 HVAC units on the roof of the plant that I know work at. Cleaning coils was a full time job. Just about the time we'd get them all nice and clean......harvest time would roll around and they'd all get plugged up again.

Well pretty sure the central air is out, its 82 in the house and the air has been on all day.....wasn't planning on that expense this summer. I'm going to sleep in the bus.

there is a capacitor where all the wires are in the outside unit...pull cover and look at it when they blow you can usually visual see the can all blown up...they are about 35 to 40 bucks...the killer is the show up fee and hour labor charge...thankfully my hvac guy is a family friend.

i had mine replaced right after i bought my house last year...cheap fix still blowing cold on a 1989 unit.

mac 'save $$ for buggy parts' gyvr

I had it all inspected at the beginning of the year, they said it was low on freaon but thanks to new federal laws they just can't add freon the way they used to.......

I had it all inspected at the beginning of the year, they said it was low on freaon but thanks to new federal laws they just can't add freon the way they used to.......
Don't know if it's a law, but there are very few old timers that can just top off freon using only gauges. It's much easier to evac the system & than put in the presise amount for the system.

Don't know if it's a law, but there are very few old timers that can just top off freon using only gauges. It's much easier to evac the system & than put in the presise amount for the system.

Just got the name of an "old school / under the table guy" Gonna have him come take a look today.

We were watching VH1 Classic tonight and my 8 year old turns to me and says
"Dad, I really like KISS. They know how to rock."

I almost teared up. Might just have saved the boy from that crap they play on the Top 40 statopn.

that is awesome! My 3 year blurted out "Rock& Roll" the other day when he was excited about hanging out in the shop with me and his uncle, it was note worthy! :D

He also likes to ogle over a Sheryl Crow CD case my wife has...so that is a positive as well......

Finally got the wife into a jeep cherokee. Her car decided to give up another motor so I said enough, time for a jeep!! Picked up a 98 in great shape with all service records for $1300.00. It has a few minor problems but what jeep doesn't.:D Pictures this evening.

Kim

Finally got the wife into a jeep cherokee. Her car decided to give up another motor so I said enough, time for a jeep!! Picked up a 98 in great shape with all service records for $1300.00. It has a few minor problems but what jeep doesn't.:D Pictures this evening.

Kim

Right on Kim. Can't wait to see it.

We were watching VH1 Classic tonight and my 8 year old turns to me and says
"Dad, I really like KISS. They know how to rock."

I almost teared up. Might just have saved the boy from that crap they play on the Top 40 statopn.
:woohoo::guitar: that is awesome!!!! :clap:

Back