• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Does it just catastrophically fail or just enough to startle you? I have always ran my stock trackbar so i don't know what to look for when it comes apart! :(

Good thing that carpet didn't go up in flames on you that would have sucked!

It's a junk trackbar.......period. It's been proven time and time again.......Pull it off throw it and the TRE's on Ebay and cut your losses.

It's a junk trackbar.......period. It's been proven time and time again.......Pull it off throw it and the TRE's on Ebay and cut your losses.

What loss it was all free! :D Its still on the floor board anyways its not on the Jeep yet.

I guess i will just wait and buy a good trackbar,. Should i go RE, JKS,or IRO?

I bought an RE trackbar (1.25" x .120 wall) and bent it.
Built one from 1.5 x .250 DOM and bent it.
Built one from solid 1.25" 1050.
Never bent it.

Sometimes excessive is just right.

It will catastrophically fail on you if you're like me and slide sideways into a big hole in a rock. On the road as long as that jam nut is tight you should be fine, just look at the TRE every now and then and if it looks bent then it's about to fail. If your stock one is throwing of your alignment too much, I'd be more concerned about DW than track bar failure, otherwise save up for a better one and pass that one along to someone who really needs it.

BTW, apparently, the new owner of my Ex-J needs $ enough to consider parting it out.
There are some pretty nice axles, wheels, & tires with low miles.

It's also got a badazz trackbar :D

Personally, I'd opt for making an offer on the carcass when it's stripped.
It's a very low mileage '99 with cage and four link.(Throw away or sell the retarded exo)

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9789107#post9789107

BTW, apparently, the new owner of my Ex-J needs $ enough to consider parting it out.
There are some pretty nice axles, wheels, & tires with low miles.

It's also got a badazz trackbar :D

Personally, I'd opt for making an offer on the carcass when it's stripped.
It's a very low mileage '99 with cage and four link.(Throw away or sell the retarded exo)

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9789107#post9789107

Is this the one thats been passed around like a 2 dollar whore and hasn't racked up any miles?

It will catastrophically fail on you if you're like me and slide sideways into a big hole in a rock. On the road as long as that jam nut is tight you should be fine, just look at the TRE every now and then and if it looks bent then it's about to fail. If your stock one is throwing of your alignment too much, I'd be more concerned about DW than track bar failure, otherwise save up for a better one and pass that one along to someone who really needs it.

I haven't thrown the springs on yet so the front is fine i'm just tired of the hotrod rake i have going on since the rear is lifted and the front isn't I have OME934 coils so they should net around 2.5 to match the full length AAL's i have in the rear. I know i can re-drill the trac bar mount but i'm trying to avoid that.

Is this the one thats been passed around like a 2 dollar whore and hasn't racked up any miles?
The very one.
Trailered miles have been massive.

Indiana to MO & back
Indiana to Moab & back
Indiana to AZ, CA & back
Indiana to Delaware
Delaware to Wisconsin

The very one.
Now the trailer has gone from Indiana to Delaware to Wisconsin.

At least the trailer has some miles on it! :D

I'd say just put in on, you should be fine, just plan on replacing it as your next upgrade. I ran it for over a year on 5" of lift.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. The Jeep should be paid off in the next couple months or at the very latest August(when it is supposed to be) so I may just do it. You also wheeled yours quite a bit on the track bar didn't you?

Yeah thats what i was thinking. The Jeep should be paid off in the next couple months or at the very latest August(when it is supposed to be) so I may just do it. You also wheeled yours quite a bit on the track bar didn't you?

Buy one and let it be the last one you mess with. I've come to the conclusion that it is well worth my time and money to install QUALITY parts the first time. Buy junk and replace said junk with more junk down the road.......it's a vicious cycle.

My TNT trackbar setup had issues at first but once I got it figured out, It's been golden. At one time they used a small RE joint at the frame end that used a smaller bolt (I don't recall the bolt size) It used a smaller bolt and I kept sheering it off. I swapped in a different ball that would accommodate a larger bolt and it's been fine. They no longer use the small bolt setup.

Clayton short arms.........I may have to replace bushings down the road but that'll likely be the only attention they get. I'm a fan of a lifetime, no questions asked warranty.

Moral of the story: Save your bones and buy quality stuff. It'll save you time and money in the long run. At least that's been my experience.

Buy one and let it be the last one you mess with. I've come to the conclusion that it is well worth my time and money to install QUALITY parts the first time. Buy junk and replace said junk with more junk down the road.......it's a vicious cycle.

My TNT trackbar setup had issues at first but once I got it figured out, It's been golden. At one time they used a small RE joint at the frame end that used a smaller bolt (I don't recall the bolt size) It used a smaller bolt and I kept sheering it off. I swapped in a different ball that would accommodate a larger bolt and it's been fine. They no longer use the small bolt setup.

Clayton short arms.........I may have to replace bushings down the road but that'll likely be the only attention they get. I'm a fan of a lifetime, no questions asked warranty.

Moral of the story: Save your bones and buy quality stuff. It'll save you time and money in the long run. At least that's been my experience.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction Hale! You've done it in the past with my sliders and i'm sure that you'll help me again in the future. I just figured since i got it free and have free TRE's to throw in it it would at least let me finish putting it in the air!

I've been eyeballing the IRO double shear trackbar. It is made of solid stock so i don't see why that would not be plenty strong for the wheeling i do and its not priced too bad either.

I've been eyeballing the IRO double shear trackbar. It is made of solid stock so i don't see why that would not be plenty strong for the wheeling i do and its not priced too bad either.
I'm not familar with it. Got a link?

Hold on Byron! Storms headed your direction. Looks pretty nasty on the radar.

FWIW I like my RE trackbar bracket and brace with custom (cut up TNT) trackbar.

If I ever get around to putting my JCR 1ton OTK steering on, I'm going to have to do a cut/chop/reweld on my TNT set up. It'll be too loooong.

Back