• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Back to their roots.
My buggy was actually one of the early Badlands Chassis built by Jesse Haynes before they started building them at Branik.

yep its a good combo...after Jesse went out west to build the powers that be granted blessings on Branik to use the same simple design...its been tweaked and modified, but still has those roots...

mac 'TREC'n this weekend at the badlands' gyvr

Wow! I dodged the Bullet big time today. They announced a layoff of 25-35 people at my plant. I'm number 42 on the seniority list. That was a close one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

But now your number 7 or 17 :(

Sorry to break the news but reality bites. On the bright side if you get laid off there is more time to work on the toys.....just not much in the way of dollars to spend on them. And what really sucks is gas is creeping back up and theres no excuse for it.

JS

my former brother in law came to a family function once, the family has a few overweight members. He comes in the room and says" There are more chins in here than a chineese restaurant".

lmao.

:laugh3:

BOB

Sounds like something I'd say..... but then I still wear the same size jeans and shirts I wore at 15 and that was 34 years ago! Oh crap.....I'm gettin old!

JS

that is no sh*t, it jumped $.20 in the past 48 hours here.... Diesel only went up $.03 per gallon to $2.01 for road diesel but I contracted ruby red last week at $1.68/gal. 2500 gallons goes pretty fast this time of year around here :rolleyes:

Sorry to break the news but reality bites. On the bright side if you get laid off there is more time to work on the toys.....just not much in the way of dollars to spend on them. And what really sucks is gas is creeping back up and theres no excuse for it.

JS

I was thinking the same thing. Now he's just closer to the bottom.

On the bright side if you get laid off there is more time to work on the toys.....just not much in the way of dollars to spend on them.

The old time versus money problem: when you have the money, you don't have the time; when you have the time, you don't have the money.

that is no sh*t, it jumped $.20 in the past 48 hours here.... Diesel only went up $.03 per gallon to $2.01 for road diesel but I contracted ruby red last week at $1.68/gal. 2500 gallons goes pretty fast this time of year around here :rolleyes:
No kidding.

I've been watching quite a few of the big field tractors making a lot of black smoke over the last month. Yeah, I know they cover a lot of ground in a single pass, but cripes.....

You'll understand this, probably. 3 weeks, I saw somebody getting what looked like a couple of big loads of lime delivered. And it was wet. VERY wet. They were trying to spread it with a manure spreader. When I drove past, 2 guys had shoveled out the box, and were working on the apron chain. The field was covered with what looked like 15 and 20 lb. chunks of silly putty. 3 days later, it had all been spread and tilled in.

that is the nice thing about ag lime, it can be chunky and still be worked down. it is not near as efficient to do it that way, but sometiems you just have to work w/ mother nature. I had fertilizer set up in the cart after a freak shower popped up. It set up so quickly I had to use a hoe and pitch fork to break it up enough in the cart to get it to even spread out the back in chuncks...not a total waste, but not near the way I was wanting to spend that $2000....

what always gets me is when I see guys spreading lime in high winds...the most important part of the lime is blowing awy to the neighbors fields...I wish my neighbors would spread more lime when it was windy :D

Wow, that'll make a lot of bodies go away.

haha, that it will. I dont remember the movie, but the line was:

"I have a .45, a shovel and a bag of lime and I am pretty sure no one will miss you"

Wow, that'll make a lot of bodies go away.
Oh, yes....... but when it gets spread over a couple of hundred acres, it does end up a little thin.

One entertaining thing about Highway 52 here in southeastern MN. It may be a 4 lane divided boulevard with a 65mph speed limit, but it's *NOT* a limited access freeway. Hence, farm equipment at 18mph is perfectly legal. It's one heckuva wake up call for a few people in the early morning when they come up behind a 250hp field tractor with a folded implement that's still 12' wide. Trust me, run into the back of it, I know who's gonna lose that battle.

haha, that it will. I dont remember the movie, but the line was:

"I have a .45, a shovel and a bag of lime and I am pretty sure no one will miss you"
Clueless

I mean, the movie, not you.

that was the movie, you are correct.

I totally know what your talking about Jeff. When I am running down the road in the center art. JD my duals are hanging off the road about a foot into the ditch and the driver side is about a foot over the center line. Pair that w/ a tri-fold inplement and I am taking up a lot of road. I was raised that I get over and let the backed up traffic pass when I am able to safely pull off the road, but sometimes that is not feasible and they line up behind me. I have been flipped off many of times, but hey, that is just the way it goes sometimes. I laugh to myself that the guys flying by me flipping me off better not break down in front of me....I will win that battle :D

JS

Oh yeah if there is another i'm on the chopping block but hey the economy sucks and they gotta do what they gotta do so if it happens at least i have a few months of pay!

Well i scored a couple free MOOG TRE's from my buddy who's XJ was Stolen a couple months back. He just sent it to california to some guy who's going to turn it into a trail beesh! I said once i get a couple TRE's for my rusty's track bar we should throw my springs and track bar on he walked into his shop and grabbed a MOOG box and said HERE! I figure i'll run this rustys trackbar until i can afford a HD RE unit or something similar!

Ah, I have some not-so-fond memories of that track bar. Just keep that lock nut real tight and carry a spare TRE at all times, even when your not wheeling.

Well, I don't have any more carpet. Kind of scary, there was a burnt hole through the pad and almost completely through the carpet above the exhaust pipe. Actual black crumbly ash, not just slightly browned. Now to find some rhino liner.

nice big ol' stormcame throug over the past 3 hours, dumped about an inch on ground that I was planning on planting corn on tomorrow, so another week behind....FAWK!!!!! It is getting close to do-or-die time on corn planting for my area..... :thumbdown:

I learned a lesson today....

Never eat chips after getting some of the "canned air" on your hands.

This crap had something in it to discourage intentional inhailing.

YUCK

Rev

nice big ol' stormcame throug over the past 3 hours, dumped about an inch on ground that I was planning on planting corn on tomorrow, so another week behind....FAWK!!!!! It is getting close to do-or-die time on corn planting for my area..... :thumbdown:

You and a lot of others. None of the fields around me have been planted yet, corn or soy beans. In fact it hasn't rained much the past week but the field across the street is still partly flooded from the heavy rains that hit us on April 29th! My yard flooded that morning and in places the water was almost 2 feet deep. It's raining here again and I can't get anything done outside and the grass keeps growing except where it's drowning.
Oh well, it should be dry for Pole Day at Indy so I'll go there and have some fun in the garage area :yelclap:
JS

Ah, I have some not-so-fond memories of that track bar. Just keep that lock nut real tight and carry a spare TRE at all times, even when your not wheeling.

Well, I don't have any more carpet. Kind of scary, there was a burnt hole through the pad and almost completely through the carpet above the exhaust pipe. Actual black crumbly ash, not just slightly browned. Now to find some rhino liner.

Does it just catastrophically fail or just enough to startle you? I have always ran my stock trackbar so i don't know what to look for when it comes apart! :(

Good thing that carpet didn't go up in flames on you that would have sucked!

Back