• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

IllianaXJ said:
Jay-C fried chicken is pretty decent. Not KFC quality, but not bad.
Thats enough to make me not want it. KFC is a poor excuse for chicken, barely acceptable by the white man.

KFC sucks, there is one a mile down the road and I won't eat there. Jewel has some great chicken....I thought Hy-Vee would be decent.....WRONG.

Panera again for me tonight....the chick in the front is getting to know me by name.

Mississippi is starting to rise around here, glad I am on higher ground, they already have the temp walkway in for the couple of places along the river......marina closes today. It could be worse.....I could be in LaCrosse or points west, where I would have to deal with interstate closures between there and home.

Rev

IllianaXJ said:
Jay-C fried chicken is pretty decent. Not KFC quality, but not bad.

The JayC fried chicken here is far and away better than KFC.

Lee's famous recipe is pretty good too.

damn straight, and lets not forget Churches while we are on the subject of fried chicken :D

You haven't had fried chicken until you've had my Grandma Nash's fried chicken. That woman knows how to fry a bird.

I can see it now, along the lines of the pig gig comes a new MWC gathering...."the chicken pickin" :D but at this event everyone gets to kill a chicken if so desired!!!

Dirk Pitt said:
The JayC fried chicken here is far and away better than KFC.

Lee's famous recipe is pretty good too.

Yeah i would take Jay-C over KFC anyday. :clap:

goodburbon said:
Popeyes is better than KFC any day of the week.
While good, its no southern classic.

We had a local chicken/ribs/fish/greens restaurant close to our house in Indy. It happened to be in the same strip mall as the liquor store :D

Took a ride today up the river and across into Iowa....BIG mistake.

The Illinois side has it easy, 61 was under water for a few miles, several detours around the flooding....they are planning for more, several homes had U-Haul vans backed up to the front doors.

Today on the radio I heard no oversize permitted loads will be allowed east of I-35, I-80 is supposed to close sometime Friday.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Mississippi is starting to rise around here, glad I am on higher ground, they already have the temp walkway in for the couple of places along the river......marina closes today. It could be worse.....I could be in LaCrosse or points west, where I would have to deal with interstate closures between there and home.

Rev

LaCrosse really isn't too bad off. It's the towns in the outlaying area that are getting hit hard, again.

The bridge from WI-MN in Winona is closed for repairs now and for people who crossed that bridge daily for work it's now an extra 70 miles or so a day for their commute. This is due to it rusting apart though.

checkin in... :wave1:

Rev Den said:
Hopefully your safe, I seem to remember a few small streams near your place.

Rev

Thanks for the concern. The river would need to rise about 50 feet in order to even get my basement wet. It only rose about 6 feet above it's normal banks. If my house gets flooded, it's going to be the least of my worries since I'm on one of the highest points in town.

All this rain is getting in the way of me going fishing. This has got to stop!

kunaji said:
All this rain is getting in the way of me going fishing. This has got to stop!

you said it brother. Got me a hot little friend that likes to go fishing i need to be able to take her
:party:
GIGGITY GIGGITY!!!!!!!

Back