• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I just did the exact same thing to the van last month. Except I used 5/30.

I see you didn't spring for the SSO either.:D

HaleYes said:
I just did the exact same thing to the van last month. Except I used 5/30.

I see you didn't spring for the SSO either.:D

Remind me what the SSO is again? Is it the 0w30?

This was what was recommended for the hemi (or the XL which I wasn't interested in).

This one will be getting a by-pass when the warranty runs out.

It's that Signature Series that they have now. Right, 0w30.

If I ever buy a new vehicle, it'll get a bypass filter. Lord knows I'll be 110 years old when I can afford a new vehicle though.....

HaleYes said:
It's that Signature Series that they have now. Right, 0w30.

If I ever buy a new vehicle, it'll get a bypass filter. Lord knows I'll be 110 years old when I can afford a new vehicle though.....

On a side note, these 15 micron filters are badass. I have been using synthetic and 10,000 mile drain intervals for years, but the oil was always dark after a few thousand miles and pitch black by the 10,000 miles.

I have 5,000 miles on the xj since the last oil change (first time with the Amsoil filter) and the oil is still crystal clear.

Dirk Pitt said:
On a side note, these 15 micron filters are badass. I have been using synthetic and 10,000 mile drain intervals for years, but the oil was always dark after a few thousand miles and pitch black by the 10,000 miles.

I have 5,000 miles on the xj since the last oil change (first time with the Amsoil filter) and the oil is still crystal clear.

I was about to say the same thing! I'm impressed as well. I was just telling Jim about it last night. Good stuff.

I ran nothing but M1 and a Wix filter prior to AMSOIL.

Fixed my washers no cold water problem. Something called a water inlet valve needed replaced. $35 including shipping. The hardest part was getting the damn valve out and replaced. All is good and I'm happy since I never worked on a washer before, lol!

IndyXJ said:
Fixed my washers no cold water problem. Something called a water inlet valve needed replaced. $35 including shipping. The hardest part was getting the damn valve out and replaced. All is good and I'm happy since I never worked on a washer before, lol!

I don't know what brand you have... but if you have a local Sears Repair Center they stock TONS of that kind of stuff... They had one for my 20 year old Maytag in stock.. And yes lots of fun to change.. Its not real enjoyable when you cant even see where anything goes and trying to work by feel.

Remote from Houghton, MI. Awesome weather to sit outside and just, well.. sit. Also taking a three day weekend before work really picks up for the summer.

97XJ2 said:
Remote from Houghton, MI. Awesome weather to sit outside and just, well.. sit. Also taking a three day weekend before work really picks up for the summer.
Have a beer at Keweenaw Brewing for me, then. I don't get up there often enough anymore.

IMG_1755.jpg

Rev

That thing is too clean! You need to take it out on some rocks or something.........

Looks good Rev! Glad someone got some use out of them. The rest of that heep got hauled off to the crusher today.

How do the mobil filters compare to amsoil, how about purolator pureone?

Ramsey said:
How do the mobil filters compare to amsoil, how about purolator pureone?

Mobil 1 claims particle filtration at 10 to 20 microns, and multiple-pass efficiency of 95% (vs. 80% for the average filter).

AMSOIL has 98.7% efficiency and 15 microns. The AMSOIL filter does flow better and has a longer recommended service life.

There are differences in construction as well. I don't have pureone specs. handy.

I can give you specifics if you're really interested. Just shoot me a PM. I'm not trying to hawk my warez here. Don't want to step on toes either.

What did you think of the air filter Adam?

I thought it was very well made and was impressed with the number of pleats it had. I put it side by side with the OEM filter, and the EaA filter had 3 times as many pleats.

You got it, I'll hoist a Pick Axe Blonde for you.

ChiXJeff said:
Have a beer at Keweenaw Brewing for me, then. I don't get up there often enough anymore.

HaleYes said:
What did you think of the air filter Adam?

I thought it was very well made and was impressed with the number of pleats it had. I put it side by side with the OEM filter, and the EaA filter had 3 times as many pleats.

The first thing I thought out of the box was... why in the hell did they use an orange seal... makes it look like a Fram.... :laugh3:

Back