• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

IntrepidXJ said:
i found nebraska weigh station info, and it does say i will need to stop there. however, i can't find any info on IL, IA or CO about rental trucks

In most states, you don't have to stop unless you are for hire, hence the trucks with "not for hire" posted on the sides of them. If you are driving it for your own personal use like a moving truck or an RV, then you are safe.

Prepmech said:
Got a letter from the office on Friday saying that all superintendents are scheduled for individual meetings this week. Just recieved a call from the superintendent that was scheduled for 8:00 this morning, he was laid off. My meeting is at 1:00 this afternoon, going to be an interesting day.

That sucks. good luck!

Prepmech said:
In most states, you don't have to stop unless you are for hire, hence the trucks with "not for hire" posted on the sides of them. If you are driving it for your own personal use like a moving truck or an RV, then you are safe.
Not true in Illinois.
Any truck with a GVW over 8,000 pounds except RVs and fire trucks need to stop and weigh.

Hey Byron, hope all goes well for you, Kim and the kiddos. We will be thinkin about ya.

Prepmech said:
Got a letter from the office on Friday saying that all superintendents are scheduled for individual meetings this week. Just recieved a call from the superintendent that was scheduled for 8:00 this morning, he was laid off. My meeting is at 1:00 this afternoon, going to be an interesting day.

Well, my meeting actually went pretty good.

Prepmech said:

:yelclap:

Good to hear Trav!

You get that other guys work as well as your own now?

Prepmech said:
"Went pretty well." That could be several different things from "I got a pretty decent severance package" to "I now have a 24 hour/week desk job at a 40 hour/week salary."

You *ARE* still employed, aren't you?

IntrepidXJ said:
no they didn't....and we are not stopping

You will when the state patrol watches you go around a scale house...... :laugh:

Wahahahaha.. never even got to Sean's post before posting this...

Last edited:
ChiXJeff said:
"Went pretty well." That could be several different things from "I got a pretty decent severance package" to "I now have a 24 hour/week desk job at a 40 hour/week salary."

You *ARE* still employed, aren't you?

:roflmao:

Yeah, I'm still employed... but I may to have to work on a project with my little brother before too long. That will be interesting.

Unfortunately my best friend, Dusty, was laid off today. He was prepared for it though, and has a few job prospects already that closer to where he lives, but it still sucks.

Haleyes said:
:yelclap:

Good to hear Trav!

You get that other guys work as well as your own now?

I've always been the one doing all of the work. The others aren't getting paid for sitting around doing nothing anymore, they can do that on their own time now.

Prepmech said:
Have a safe trip Randy.

X2

Let us know how fast a loaded Penske truck will go!

IllianaXJ said:
Governed at 68 IIRC :D

Good luck Randy!!

Governed at 68? :eek: He's gonna be a traffic hazard on I80 in Nebraska.

Back