• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Do any of you guys have insurance on your home tools? If so how did you go about inventorying them?

I started organizing my stuff at home and figured I should probably add that to my insurance.
I boosted the contents coverage on my garage when I figured out I had way more in parts and tools than the old coverage was.

bf7e1aa707a37002cb17df8dd0b1aed0.jpg

So i found this in my shop. Now can anyone explain how this ancient thing works?

Ill be cleaning all the grounds as soon as im off work

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-multimeter

read that for a better understanding of how to measure things that involve angry pixies.

and don't hate on that analog meter. I have one that I use for some very specific things that digital meters suck at.
like testing pots, or renix TPS sensors.
digital ones will miss the hitches in resistance based sweep mechanisms because of the buffering circuits to make them read smoothly.
analog meters always show the faults.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-multimeter

read that for a better understanding of how to measure things that involve angry pixies.

and don't hate on that analog meter. I have one that I use for some very specific things that digital meters suck at.
like testing pots, or renix TPS sensors.
digital ones will miss the hitches in resistance based sweep mechanisms because of the buffering circuits to make them read smoothly.
analog meters always show the faults.
Thanks that actually is helpful ill bookmark it.

In other news the jeep stayed at the shop overnight and i just applied for a loan for a 2013 FR-S

We picked up a 2014 Camry last night, nice car.

There must be something in the air.
Thats what i was looking at too but trying to keep payments low as possible while still getting warranty and such. Saturday Ill head to the toyota dealer and see whata handy and if the FR-S is still available

bf7e1aa707a37002cb17df8dd0b1aed0.jpg

So i found this in my shop. Now can anyone explain how this ancient thing works?

Ill be cleaning all the grounds as soon as im off work

Now that you have a resource on the multimeter, if you need help with directions for use on the keys, the stamp, the pen, or the keyboard, let us know. We can help.

Thats what i was looking at too but trying to keep payments low as possible while still getting warranty and such. Saturday Ill head to the toyota dealer and see whata handy and if the FR-S is still available

This one has 8 months and 16,000 miles of factory warranty left. She likes it.

The wife told me that on a 45 mile round trip yesterday the 5.9 hit a bump and shook so violently she had to stop and pull over to the side of the road...this happened 4 separate times...

I told her the EX was sitting in the garage...

mac 'we did not go buy a new car' gyvr

The wife told me that on a 45 mile round trip yesterday the 5.9 hit a bump and shook so violently she had to stop and pull over to the side of the road...this happened 4 separate times...

I told her the EX was sitting in the garage...

mac 'we did not go buy a new car' gyvr

I already have one vehicle that need constant attention. That's my limit.

I already have one vehicle that need constant attention. That's my limit.

3 vehicles and an RV...

mac 'I just hope for 2 of 4 working at a time' gyvr

So I take it your bringing the rv and the ex this weekend huh. Starting to think you have a bad 5.9 curse on you or something.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

So I take it your bringing the rv and the ex this weekend huh. Starting to think you have a bad 5.9 curse on you or something.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

It's the year of the 5.9...

Yes, RV and Ex. Trying to squeeze in as much firewood as I can with all the kids crap.

I just put new dash a/c condenser fans on the RV and a new element in the RV fridge. I have square o-rings coming for the slide-out solenoid...cause its always something...

mac 'I buy other people's problems' gyvr

Well we are down to only 1 kid for this trip but its still gonna fill up the camper and the EX with everything we need to bring. Gonna have to put a hitch on the camper to start hauling all the stuff around for just the kids.

I am picking up a pretty new Toyota Highlander on Saturday, that I am renting for a week for vacation. I did put new tires on my car yesterday so hopefully I can get around in snowy conditions. I am hoping to buy a new or new to me (a couple years old or less) in a couple years once credit cards and home stuff (flooring and possibly HVAC in the spring) is paid off. Probably won't be driving my car until the 10th now as it is too nice to not ride the motorcycle.

Back