• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

After 15 yrs of service to the US gov, I think I am about ready to hang it up. The benefits are good, but they don't out weigh the daily BS I have to contend with here (at this office). I remember my dad telling me when you get to the point you are ready for change, only you know it.....well, I know it. I have an opportunity to be a farm/ranch manager for a large well established farm that is 5 gernerations old and very stable. They have made an offer, so now comes negotiations.

If anyone wants to hunt some turkeys, just come to the parking lot at my work.
0bdc9481ae94249c57d6a7728faf0a17.jpg

I have to take the red box off the top that the hippy carpenter built. Then a teardown to the frame, replace metal, service the axle, restore the parking brake and coat it.

The tub needs significant work. The hippy carpenter screwed the box to the tub about 3000 times, so there's a bunch of holes to fix, and he cut out the back panel to make his enclosed trailer doors, so I've got to fab a new panel. All that after I take it to the local blaster to find all the real problems.

I'm looking at a 47' flat fender, ID like a little trailer like that to go with it. At least most of the sheet metal is flat....

Just ordered 6 tires for the RV...

bent over

mac 'nothing is cheap in a 22.5' gyvr

What did you buy, I sell Hercules pretty cheap.

If anyone wants to hunt some turkeys, just come to the parking lot at my work

I've got a flock that wanders around my neighborhood, I keep threatening to open the kitchen window and pick a couple off....

After 15 yrs of service to the US gov, I think I am about ready to hang it up. The benefits are good, but they don't out weigh the daily BS I have to contend with here (at this office). I remember my dad telling me when you get to the point you are ready for change, only you know it.....well, I know it. I have an opportunity to be a farm/ranch manager for a large well established farm that is 5 gernerations old and very stable. They have made an offer, so now comes negotiations.

315 days.

I keep thinking back to when I was getting out of college and how I should have done Air Force (I was sooooooo close to signing). I would only be a couple years away from retirement. Now I have about 25, unless I hit the LOTO.....

Toyo M154 245/75/22.5

They come highly suggested on the RV interwebs and are half the price vs the 235/80/22.5 that's on it.

mac 'still not cheap' gyvr

I am bidding on a 99 XJ that was County owned and has 166K on it, zero rust from southern Missouri and it has a problem that it wont stay running...pretty sure I know what that may be :D It is a base SE package and nothing fancy, perfect platform for another wheeling build. Will know in the morning if I get it........

I'm too fat to be in this engine compartment of the RV...

mac 'skinny guys could make great money in that biz' gyvr

Arnie - If it was me and I had a '47 willys, I'd be looking at a M101 or a bantam trailer. The M416 is a heavier vietnam version. The earlier ww2/korea era trailers would look much better. They're all hard to find and most of them in good shape command $1500 or more.

This is a good thread that illustrates the difference between all of the different trailers:

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=154030

The g503 guys are serious about restorations. I like reading their forums.

just ordered this because I'm a giant man child!

My brothers recently got me out on one of those, it was fun. They were surprised I did so well, but I spent some time skateboarding as a kid so it felt familiar. I wore a helmet and knee and wrist pads, wouldn't have as a younger guy. Being able to bail to your knees and wrists and just slide if you need to without getting hurt is def. nice.

Nice! What's the plans for it?

Maybe not at first but for mods we are thinking 2" lift on 31's with skids and rocker protection for green trail duty. Maybe bumpers for tow points and minor fender benders. I still have an 8.25 Arb that just needs seals replaced so she may end up with that.

We have been collecting parts that came off of mine and Chachis as they progressed and some raffle parts for a few years for her to do a mild rig that is more streetable than mine. Will probably start a build thread. And post up and be keeping an eye out for cheap used parts we don't have yet.

I've got a flock that wanders around my neighborhood, I keep threatening to open the kitchen window and pick a couple off....

I have been hearing them in the valley behind my house, it has crossed my mind. People shoot pretty regularly around here anyway so I wouldn't draw much attention.

I am bidding on a 99 XJ that was County owned and has 166K on it, zero rust from southern Missouri and it has a problem that it wont stay running...pretty sure I know what that may be :D It is a base SE package and nothing fancy, perfect platform for another wheeling build. Will know in the morning if I get it........

Good luck! Serena watched the countdown end for hers she was intense, lol.

My brothers recently got me out on one of those, it was fun. They were surprised I did so well, but I spent some time skateboarding as a kid so it felt familiar. I wore a helmet and knee and wrist pads, wouldn't have as a younger guy. Being able to bail to your knees and wrists and just slide if you need to without getting hurt is def. nice.

I've been wanting one, but yesterday the family went on a bike ride and my wife's bike had a flat tire so i rode one of my kids skate boards and she rode my bike. it made me want the longboard even more.

Back