• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Blu life one X.

I'm sticking with GSM phones from here on out. ATT is costing me $40 a month.
I keep phones for about three years.
So if you factor in the $111 I just paid for it over that time my total monthly cost is $45 a month with phone and taxes.
I may make the move to tmobile, but I need to look into the spectrum licensing and coverage a bit more.

with a family plan tmobile works out to the same $80 a month we pay ATT.
i've been quite happy with ATT's service since they merged with Alltel.
The agreement with the FCC forced them to provide HSPA service out in the sticks, and recently I've gotten band 4 LTE. Current phone only supports bands 4 and 17.
New phone does 2,4,7,12,17.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the thoughts he's in a better place.

Got home from NY via Overnight in PA this afternoon.

Headed back to NY Thursday morning.

mac 'whirlwind' gyvr

some photos i took over the week... overlooking the start/finish and hammer town.

12661872_940806765973740_1799460426351725288_n.jpg

chocolate thunder, hammertown in the distance.

12651090_940806755973741_6875479883700342193_n.jpg

thursday night at backdoor. what a party.

12662694_940806722640411_4176768347465359203_n.jpg

last car through the starting line. i think this car ended up taking 10th actually.

12669507_940806612640422_6861413873915897317_n.jpg

where we ended up parking on race day, the jeeps are covering up the back side of chocolate thunder.

12654408_940806605973756_2399296038761779397_n.jpg

climbed up the mountain to get this shock of wrecking ball, where we ended up watching the race.

12661859_940806562640427_7127769307464139737_n.jpg

climbed even higher to get this shot... your looking at the back side of chocolate thunder, and WAY off in the distance to the right is hammertown.

10399625_940806505973766_7712666203707369238_n.jpg

I'm thinking about selling my XJ and my MJ as a package deal. Anyone interested in a 97 sport, with one tons, 37s and 103 on the clock? Rust free...

I just don't have the time for it. It just sits....

I know this isn't the for sale section....I'm hoping to be talked out of it.

Anyone else ever hit this point?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about selling my XJ and my MJ as a package deal. Anyone interested in a 97 sport, with one tons, 37s and 103 on the clock? Rust free...

I just don't have the time for it. It just sits....

I know this isn't the for sale section....I'm hoping to be talked out of it.

Anyone else ever hit this point?

I'd say it happens to everyone. When my junk goes two months w/out even being started, I ponder why I even keep the damn thing. But when it starts anyway w/out a single complaint, I start to think that I wouldn't get crap for it, I don't want to part it out, so I keep it. It doesn't owe me anything.

Any wheeling event I go to is, more or less, to see friends....the wheeling is the group activity of choice before the drinking/bs'ing starts.

I've had thoughts of selling my Jeep, but then (like last week). I get to it, drive it for a few minutes and drive down a road that is soft and mud flies a bit, I realize it is fun. It may not get driven much unless we get a bunch of snow, but right now it is parked in a shed causing no issues. Might drop insurance down to liability only this renewal if the price difference is good enough.

I had a damn good time with my buggy and the rigs since then. I also have a damn good time without a jeep. Its something you really need to think about what is right for you.

That being said I will give you 1k for both (std 500 per vehicle offer).

I had a damn good time with my buggy and the rigs since then. I also have a damn good time without a jeep. Its something you really need to think about what is right for you.

That being said I will give you 1k for both (std 500 per vehicle offer).

Problem is, I haven't wheeled it since 2009. I was just to busy working and trying to get my business off the ground.

Now that it is, I really don't have a weekend to go wheeling.

I know xjs aren't worth shit, not nearly what you put into them anyway. I'm thinking about shifting my priority, get rid of the MJ & XJ, and buy a flat fender, and build that to be a driver. At least I could drive it everyday, take it to car shows, blah blah blah. At least I'm doing something with it.

Your offer is generous...but it could be better.

man am i glad i quit my job last summer. i knew the shit was going to hit the fan, just didnt know when. me and 2 other electrical engineers quit around the same time. just got a text last night from a guy that still works there and he said they fired half the engineering dept. 22 guys down to 11.

^^when your gut speaks, you listen. case in point. Wise choice.

on the selling the XJ/MJ topic, I too agree with what HoBag said, I have as much fun at wheeling gatherings without a Jeep then I did when I had one. I now have this 01 that I have zero use for, bought it for my hunters to have a vehicle with the intention of them paying me back...well, I am still sole owner.

It kind of goes along with what I go through w/ the C10, it took @ 3 yrs to build, over 20K in it, and it is like a Harley, pretty much only fun for me, only good in nice weather, and it sits in the shop occupying valuable space the other 325 days a year. I had a guy last week get talking offering 2014 RZR XP fully equipped out, and $9000. Now he feels that we are too far apart on the$$, so no telling where this will go. I can pick up used RZR's all day long, so I am not too worried about it if it falls through. I own the truck, it owes me nothing.

Cheese "just made an Altrocker post" Man

Problem is, I haven't wheeled it since 2009. I was just to busy working and trying to get my business off the ground.

Now that it is, I really don't have a weekend to go wheeling.

I know xjs aren't worth shit, not nearly what you put into them anyway. I'm thinking about shifting my priority, get rid of the MJ & XJ, and buy a flat fender, and build that to be a driver. At least I could drive it everyday, take it to car shows, blah blah blah. At least I'm doing something with it.

Your offer is generous...but it could be better.

I have been looking at 4 door wranglers, but they are just too damn expensive and not really as comfortable as I would want....

jeeps are dumb.

modified jeeps are dumber.

stock 4 life here on out. Just want a clean 4 liter powered 4wd vehicle to drive everyday.

Back