• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Memphis style is usually my go to. I like the dry rubs a lot but I like to mix it up every so often.
Who does Carolina style better? SC or NC? or is that a touchy question?
I've never dabbled in TX BBQ much

Pig pickings are pretty serious in eastern NC. I've never had bbq from south carolina.

There's a place about 40 minutes from here that was on one of those "best bbq in the country" shows. It was pretty good, but not as good as the ribs I had at the rendevous in memphis.

I love watching franklin bbq on YouTube and he has a tv show also. But TX style is pretty much just salt and pepper. I mostly salt and pepper but i like adding in a few other seasons also.
If you get down there better be prepared to wait in line. From what I've heard, he cooks until he sells out and usually has a line out the door. Rarely makes it past lunch without sending hungry people home.

Kman-also I think some law was passed that the wait time is 60days max now.

My new job tolde 60 days but when I called 2 weeks in to check out my benefits it was active and useable.

You know where my favorite texas style bbq joint is :)

it still surprises me that i was able to find good bbq in nyc...

No but a good dusting of K on burnt ends is the best! Slather on some Carolina mop with a pinch of crystal and warsh it all downs with some good old Natty Light and snowcaps for the win!

No but a good dusting of K on burnt ends is the best! Slather on some Carolina mop with a pinch of crystal and warsh it all downs with some good old Natty Light and snowcaps for the win!
I tried natty light once, my bud pee is stronger & prolly better tasting

Morning gang....worked on the Waggy part out last night....I remember when I helped the guy build this rig, and glad I used anitsieze on a lot of it...what a rusty POS.

yeah, just saw it a few weeks back. He has cobbled that front bumper I made you into a winch bumper...it sticks out about a foot like a fat lip...but he and his buddy go muddin' all the time and that rigs still holding on!

yeah, just saw it a few weeks back. He has cobbled that front bumper I made you into a winch bumper...it sticks out about a foot like a fat lip...but he and his buddy go muddin' all the time and that rigs still holding on!
rust will kill that rig before the driveline gives up

I've seen that happen.

RIP ugly truck.

IMG_20140705_124918_484_zpsj9xphwmh.jpg

Back