• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Before jeeps, I was into Oldsmobiles.

My first car...

fc0eeea96a2150b50377b5e7837ae84d.jpg

I was never into Oldsmobiles, but after I restored my '66 Mustang, I drove beaters in the winter. Couldn't beat this one for $85, 350 4bbl, with swivel bucket seats...

In this pic, you can kinda see the oil can (remember when oil came in cans?) sticking out of the rust hole above the passenger tail light.

The Mustang

My XJ is the longest thing I have ever owned, I had one descent car (95 Grand Am with quad four, when I sold it, it was leaking oil, burning oil and leaking rain water). My 2001 Malibu was the biggest piece of crap ever. The lower intake manifold gasket failed three times, the last time it failed, I sold it to a friend who flips cars. I seen the Malibu just recently and the sheet metal below the gas cap was completely rusted through. Glad I don't have that car anymore.

It was good for driving 60 miles back and forth to college when I used it for that. It wasn't until near the end of my ownership that is started burning oil. Both were crappy, but he 3100 engine in the Malibu blowing the same gasket three times topped the list. Both those cars did better in the snow then my Accord does though (low profile tires?).

The 5.9 alternator cost me $75 bucks to be rebuilt. Guy said the brushes were so worn in it he couldn't believe it was still charging at all...and amazing to have lasted 250k.

mac 'it's also the fastest vehicle I've owned' gyvr

Ordered a new quad copter this morning....
:(

why you no call me to get the low down on the best cheap chinese ones?

So, I gots to do a heater core in a late model. Gimme your tips.

Is there any way to do it without dropping the whole damned dash?
Thanks chrysler, I can do an AMC one in a few hours with minimal fuss.

So, I gots to do a heater core in a late model. Gimme your tips.

Is there any way to do it without dropping the whole damned dash?
Thanks chrysler, I can do an AMC one in a few hours with minimal fuss.

I did it in our 2000 last winter. I didn't remove the whole dash but just enough to pull the passenger side back enough to get it out. Did end up lowering steering column as well. Was quite there job but wasn't really all that hard.

So the NP242 im looking at is out of a 91 XJ. Is it hard/possible to swap the imput shaft from my NP231? Im assuming its a 21 spline and mine a 23 (i have a 98 AW4)

Keep forgetting to reply.

You'll want a 96+ case for the connections to work. Both will be OBDII.

Your local take a part should have one.

If you want to stay with a 231, I have one from a 96, and I could bring it with me next weekend to the camping trip.

mac 'has a specialty tool of a 9/16th wrench bent in half' gyvr

Cars that i shouldn't have gotten rid of...

traded that biotch for an 800 dollar dodge neon. :(

Back