• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

my 97 had a bad popping noise and it was in 2wd. It was the Tcase....but it had a 242 in it. 170K miles on it and all stock..

0068ce02fe1a1a5be482bf86cda6af0c.jpg

Just under an inch wide by 2 inches long

mac 'hope you can see the connector' gyvr

that's a "JST" connector
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...o_Pro_328_Eflite_MQX_120SR_AR_Warehouse_.html

slightly less capacity, lighter, more current capability.

What's that mean?
It means your flight times will be slightly less, but it will weigh less and have more power.
If you wait on the webpage for a few minutes HK will give you a "one time offer" for $3.07 from the east warehouse.
make sure you order from the east warehouse. The international warehouse takes weeks to get things from, and te west warehouse takes a week to ship stuff and another week to arrive from CA.
You'll get things from the east warehouse in about a week.

Thanks manche

Today's unplanned project
1665ce33bf7e8000b130e8cb34034b40.jpg

mac 'when you drive older stuff' gyvr

Fixed many of ZJ doors like that. Just plate over it with new holes, cutout for the bolts and striker. Last forever, just sucks welding the sheet metal.

aad24eb29c235d74d6fad61c8702927d.jpg

Just weld for now.

Now I see how bad the upper hinge is...the bushing it toast...can you get parts for it?

mac 'keeping the doors on' gyvr

Dorman makes bushing kits.

you'll probably have to buy a twelve pack assortment to get the one you need, but I've used them.

they have the pins too.

I once had a plymouth sundance door fall off when I opened it.

Easy button.

Thanks

Tho the actual repair is gonna be ugly...

mac 'ordered' gyvr

any one got a good thread on replacing the 0331 head. an old guy at work that doesn't understand computers want me to print something for him.

any one got a good thread on replacing the 0331 head. an old guy at work that doesn't understand computers want me to print something for him.

Take things off until head comes off and then reverse procedure:dunce:

That's what I did

I just hot a job!
A good one to. Electrical/mechanical maintenance tech.

Woooo hooooo

Congrats

They beat me too it but yep get them pin/bushings and fix the man issue. Just remember that if it doesn't shut check that the latch isnt latched, thats why the doors break like that.

Ive got 3 to fix next week or 2.

They beat me too it but yep get them pin/bushings and fix the man issue. Just remember that if it doesn't shut check that the latch isnt latched, thats why the doors break like that.

Ive got 3 to fix next week or 2.

How do you get the old pins out? Cut one end off? Do you take the door off to do it?

It's the hinge for sure. It was wearing out and causing the door to hit the latch funny until it all broke.

mac 'she told it has been doing funny things for a while' gyvr

How do you get the old pins out? Cut one end off? Do you take the door off to do it?

It's the hinge for sure. It was wearing out and causing the door to hit the latch funny until it all broke.

mac 'she told it has been doing funny things for a while' gyvr
Take the door off...grind the end of the old pin off. Make sure that your hole on the hinge isn't egg shaped from the bushing having gone bad. And make sure the dorman kit has the brass/bronze bushing not the plastic one.

I just got a job!
A good one to. Electrical/mechanical maintenance tech.

Woooo hooooo

That's awesome!

mac 'hopefully no heights!' gyvr

Take the door off...grind the end of the old pin off. Make sure that your hole on the hinge isn't egg shaped from the bushing having gone bad. And make sure the dorman kit has the brass/bronze bushing not the plastic one.

This. I've welded the pin to a washer then welded the washer to the hinge when the hole was egged out or broken. You can replace the body side but not the door side unless you weld a new one on. Beauty of Chrysler products

Back