• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

so after my tires poor performance at WF, i wanted to look into my options for new tires. also for a little while now, i have been wanting to put a more stylish wheel on it. have been wanting to give it a "cooler" look other than the typical 15in black offroad wheel not sure yet if i will pull the trigger on anything but im just looking and thinking.

wondering what some pros and cons are for wheel sizes? i have always had 15x10s but i thought about going maybe 16s or 17s, unless 15s are the best.

thoughts?

17s. And why 10" wide?

Just hit the pa border...stopped for a 40 min power nap halfway through Ohio...starting to get sleepy again. Sam, okb and I shut down the fire at 5am so I'm hoping o can power through the last bit.

Somehow I have an extra bottle of jack that jerry handed me before heading to bed and I didn't find the owner before leaving so I may owe someone a few drinks next year lol

so after my tires poor performance at WF, i wanted to look into my options for new tires. also for a little while now, i have been wanting to put a more stylish wheel on it. have been wanting to give it a "cooler" look other than the typical 15in black offroad wheel not sure yet if i will pull the trigger on anything but im just looking and thinking.

wondering what some pros and cons are for wheel sizes? i have always had 15x10s but i thought about going maybe 16s or 17s, unless 15s are the best.

thoughts?

most tires do bad on ice... Your tires (General Grabbers???) have large lugs with no siping so they will not do very good in the snow. Based on conditions I would have rather been on A/T tires or pure winter tires this past weekend instead of my M/Ts...

It really depends on what you are looking to do...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425862717.839879.jpg
This happened once we got into Columbus. Jeep had a slashed tire so I thought I was going to have to either make a few calls for someone to bring me parts or walk 5 miles on I-71 to autozone. Then this happens...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425862844.927376.jpg

Scooby to save the day. Passed us on the way home and came back to help.

Thanks a ton scoob! Your dinner is on me when we meet up.

thoughts?
Josh from iron rock seems to do alright I'm the same tires.

Don't base this Winterfest on tire choices...

The ats kicked butt this year in the snow.

mac 'outlastboss showed that' gyvr

MT/Rs!!!! These things are beast. That is all.

Rew won the smashhole 50 inch light bar.

Gene won one of the yeti coolers in the member drawing.

mac 'there is a list' gyvr

17s. And why 10" wide?

most tires do bad on ice... Your tires (General Grabbers???) have large lugs with no siping so they will not do very good in the snow. Based on conditions I would have rather been on A/T tires or pure winter tires this past weekend instead of my M/Ts...

It really depends on what you are looking to do...

Sam Id go with 17x8 wheels with 3.75 BS and either a
MT/R, KM2, or bighorn. They are all great on and off road.

Don't base this Winterfest on tire choices...

The ats kicked butt this year in the snow.

mac 'outlastboss showed that' gyvr

yea i did some reading on these tires and a pretty common complaint is how they do on snow and ice. probably why they are not so common out here but out west. that being said, wf was the 1st snow wheeling ive done and its not common for me.
i have always ran a 15x10 because i like the wider look of a tire and i was under the assumption that a 12.50 tire should have a 10in wheel.
i am not really basing my thoughts off wf, more so that i have thought alot about getting a stylish wheel and if i go with a bigger wheel i will have to get new tires anyways. if i go with a 15, i will possibly stay with these tires. i will likely stay on 35s, so im seeing a few post that say 17s but what im wondering is if there is an advantage in rim size or is it just ascetics?

Durbin won the other yeti...

Pmain won a front bumper

Todd carpenter (new naxja guy) won a front bumper as well.

We bought a big ass ticket tumbler.

mac 'waking up' gyvr

Back