• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

But then you have to deal with controls engineers, the putz that was over my old line tried to program a fanuc robot without training and it took a week for that idiot to get it almost working half assed. I've been fiddling with those robots for the whole time I've been employed there, I'm smart enough to know not to try and program shit if I dont know anything about it. As for the 4000 hour rule, I've seen journeymen come off the street do plenty of careless things. Common sense keeps you from losing limbs and dying, not your level of training.

what you got against controls engineers? :wave:

Common sense keeps you from losing limbs and dying, not your level of training.

The rules are put in place to prevent the one incident that costs the company money. It doesn't matter if you have 99 smart guys and 1 dumb guy, if the 1 dumb guy gets hurt and costs the company $100k, the productivity you lose with the safety rules is worth eliminating the liability.

There's a whole separate discussion on people who actually follow the rules and whether or not the dumb guy will hurt himself anyway, but that's why companies do what they do.

I think you have to decide if you have a career or a job. If it's a career and you like doing it, you spend the time and you finish what you started. If it's a job, move on to the one that pays better.

The rules are put in place to prevent the one incident that costs the company money. It doesn't matter if you have 99 smart guys and 1 dumb guy, if the 1 dumb guy gets hurt and costs the company $100k, the productivity you lose with the safety rules is worth eliminating the liability.

There's a whole separate discussion on people who actually follow the rules and whether or not the dumb guy will hurt himself anyway, but that's why companies do what they do.

I think you have to decide if you have a career or a job. If it's a career and you like doing it, you spend the time and you finish what you started. If it's a job, move on to the one that pays better.

That's the thing. I was never going to make a career out of industrial maintenance. I was going to do my 4 year apprenticeship and move on. It sort of fell in my lap and the pay is better than every engineering job I was offered, that's why I took it.

I'm going to see what actually does happen and see if I still enjoy going to work everyday before I make my decision and switch departments.

a lot of decisions going on....so I decided to order more hot rod parts. :D

Decided to do away with the airbags in the C10 and go back to coil springs. Full static drop will leave me at the ride height I want to be at and its not like I will be hauling anything...but ass!

Cheese "interior work going on now" Man

a lot of decisions going on....so I decided to order more hot rod parts. :D

Decided to do away with the airbags in the C10 and go back to coil springs. Full static drop will leave me at the ride height I want to be at and its not like I will be hauling anything...but ass!

Cheese "interior work going on now" Man

And none of the plumbing mess that comes with it. What springs did you go with?

This....

Doesn't matter if I'm smarter or better trained than the guy who locked something out. If its not my locks... I don't touch them.

I went Western 2.5" drop spindles w/ Early Classic 3" drop springs up front and went with Early Classic 6" drop coils out back w/ a 2" block. I may have to go to a 1-1.5" block out back to get the stance right. I had to go with a dropped cross member so the drive shaft would have travel clearence. I bought it from CPP as well as the tranny cross member from them with the LS1/4L60E kit. I need to get to Kansas City and get my drive shaft picked up, its been done for months. If you have not seen it lately, here is a little sneak preview....
IMG_20141110_185807_533_zps6a8f30fe.jpg

Cheese "thinking it may need a supercharger in the future" Man

Perfect height, my V8 S-10 was a little lower and I didn't have any problems getting around with it.

I already have them listed on a truck site for the bags, mounts and lines and I have a few guys in line awaiting pics. I priced front and rear mounts, 2 slam speciality bags w/ air lines and schraders for $275 shipped.

I guess my younger 20s were different. asked a couple of the younger guys around here what they got going on tonight and every response seems so "chill"

from ages 16-27ish new years eve meant getting as drunk as my body could handle. i have no idea why this is but it was this way with me and all my friends. goals for the evening included black outs, puking, and possible bed urination.
for obvious reasons this is no longer the case with me but not sure if my group was just a bunch of drunks or if kids these days just don't get as rowdy.

tonight my wife has planned for our friends, a full blown thanksgiving style dinner, then gift exchange, then drinking(but not to much:lecture:)
although for me....i will still be drinking a 5th of whiskey.
but that's just because im a raging functional alcoholic and cant be tamed. good thing my brother(not rew) is just like me so i am not alone.

:cheers:

SAM'getting thirsty'SET

Back