• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Had a new washer and dryer delivered today. Wtf would the dryer not come with w a power cord

Thats next on my list.

in the last 2 months i bought a new oven, 3 dressers, box spring, mattress, bed frame, all new linens and pillows, mirror,(plus pulled up the carpet in the bedroom and cleaned up the wood floors). couple months back my washer broke and every time i fixed what was wrong a different part busted, so i bought a used one for 100 bucks with a 30 day warranty:wow:
60 days later it is leaking all over the basement, but not every load which makes it weird. now (as off last weekend) after the entire cycle is done the clothes are still soaking wet. im just going brand new. dryer works fine but i wanna get both new just because.

still have to replace 3 ceiling fans, and 2 couches after all that.
no, im not selling, just a combination of bad luck and everything going wrong at the same damn time:banghead:

SAM'credit cards keep wives happy'SET

Thats next on my list.

in the last 2 months i bought a new oven, 3 dressers, box spring, mattress, bed frame, all new linens and pillows, mirror,(plus pulled up the carpet in the bedroom and cleaned up the wood floors). couple months back my washer broke and every time i fixed what was wrong a different part busted, so i bought a used one for 100 bucks with a 30 day warranty:wow:
60 days later it is leaking all over the basement, but not every load which makes it weird. now (as off last weekend) after the entire cycle is done the clothes are still soaking wet. im just going brand new. dryer works fine but i wanna get both new just because.

still have to replace 3 ceiling fans, and 2 couches after all that.
no, im not selling, just a combination of bad luck and everything going wrong at the same damn time:banghead:

SAM'credit cards keep wives happy'SET

Sears had a bad ass deal on front load Kenmore's right now through Sat I think. $915 delivered if you get a card, I think they are regularly $1500, we almost bought a set of top loaders until I saw the add.

Sears had a bad ass deal on front load Kenmore's right now through Sat I think. $915 delivered if you get a card, I think they are regularly $1500, we almost bought a set of top loaders until I saw the add.

Wife complained about her mom's front loader because it was half the size of the top loader we just bought. 5 cu ft means 1 load in an hour instead of 3 in 2 hours for the same amount of clothes.

Wife complained about her mom's front loader because it was half the size of the top loader we just bought. 5 cu ft means 1 load in an hour instead of 3 in 2 hours for the same amount of clothes.

We only have 3 people so that really wasn't a concern of ours, I think the washer is 3.9 cf. We put a pretty big load in last night and it did fine.

Sweet! ill be checking them and lowes out. neither of which i want a card for but i do have a Menards card.

Just received notification of Linkin Park and Rise Against playing in Des Moines on Feb 6. Its a friday show at that. Gonna be a good time.

Andy, you down? The wifey isnt too interested in the show, so I got a room at Stoney Creek so she and Case and swim and chill while I go to the show.

Cheese "will be a good show" Man

If you do a lot of really dirty clothes top load are the way to go because it completely soaks the clothes, front load are really for light soil and use less water. When I got a new set I went with the biggest GE top load I would find. I bought them at homedepot on HD Credit Card with 18 months 0% financing, then setup autopay to pay off before the 18 months was up.

Ordered EFI live and an Exhaust for the duramax last night, damn aftermarket diesel parts are not cheap...

^this right here....

with 6 people in our house anything that could slow down laundry is a no-go.

Plus.. once you deal with a front loader that loses a door seal.... suddenly top loaders look ALOT better.

Back